The helmet camera wakes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes the helmet camera is back in action (as was the rear view camera this morning). I didn't have time to get a review up of the new camera, but I will over the next couple of days.

Did I miss anything while I was away? :ohmy:

Maz

Guru
magnatom said:
Yes the helmet camera is back in action (as was the rear view camera this morning). I didn't have time to get a review up of the new camera, but I will over the next couple of days.

Did I miss anything while I was away? :biggrin:
Nothing much happening here, I'd say. The usual RLJ-type stuff and a few older threads that have re-surfaced.

Seem to be quite a few new members popping up in beginners section, which is good.

Do you wear your 2 cams every day and record over them if there's nothing of interest on them?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Maz said:
Do you wear your 2 cams every day and record over them if there's nothing of interest on them?

I wear my helmet camera all of the time. I am still playing with the rear camera and at the moment I need to mount it with sellotape as I haven't sorted out a mount yet (probably not difficult, I've just been busy!).

The helmet camera stores a couple of weeks worth at any one time, so every so often I purge it. I only store the data if something interesting happens. The rear camera will overwrite each time I use it. I will only keep that if there is something of interest.

Are you thinking of getting one Maz?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

domtyler said:
Good to see you back Magna, did you get any decent jobs done during your break from 'work'?

We had a list. We managed to complete the following: fix the composter, put up trellis, rearrange some plants and buys others, sort out finances (financial jiggery pokery), sort out birthdays (x2), buy a fridge freezer, keep the kids amused, keep the in-laws amused, get some sleep, have lunch without the kids, chase up company that has failed to send my new super duper judo kit for the last two weeks.....

We failed in one task on the list: get ENOUGH sleep!
Our 1 year old (this week) has decided that 5:30am is the perfect time to wake everyone up. Of course today he decided to sleep in until 6:45!! :biggrin:

So yes, we have been busy!! :smile:

domtyler

Über Member
magnatom said:
We had a list. We managed to complete the following: fix the composter, put up trellis, rearrange some plants and buys others, sort out finances (financial jiggery pokery), sort out birthdays (x2), buy a fridge freezer, keep the kids amused, keep the in-laws amused, get some sleep, have lunch without the kids, chase up company that has failed to send my new super duper judo kit for the last two weeks.....

Our 1 year old (this week) has decided that 5:30am is the perfect time to wake everyone up. Of course today he decided to sleep in until 6:45!! :biggrin:

So yes, we have been busy!! :smile:

Sounds pretty productive! What do you need sleep for anyway? Plenty of time for that after they leave home! :ohmy:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

hackbike 6 said:
Taking up judo?

Could be useful on your commute magna.:biggrin:

Not at all. I've been doing judo since I was 8 years old!! My competition days are over (bu&&ered knee) but I still like a good rumble on the mat (oo-er!)

The first rule of any fight situation is to avoid the fight, but yes if push came to shove (almost a judo joke there!) it would help.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

domtyler said:
Sounds pretty productive! What do you need sleep for anyway? Plenty of time for that after they leave home! :smile:

True, but I do hate continually feeling like a zombie, or should that be borg....:biggrin:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
magnatom said:

So yes, we have been busy!! :ohmy:

I fail to see any cycling in there Magnatom! :smile: Get it sorted mate!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Bollo said:
I fail to see any cycling in there Magnatom! ;) Get it sorted mate!

I know!! No time for that. Actually I only really cycle for transport at the moment, not for recreation, but as the kids get older I intend to change that.

Because of my messed up knee I can't really climb hills any more (very sore on the way down), but I intend to take up mountain biking and to get the kids involved. Although that'll be a few years away yet.

I've just been looking at the Pedal For Scotland website today and I think I am up for that. Anyone else going to be taking part? A CC entry perhaps?

hackbike 6

magnatom said:
Not at all. I've been doing judo since I was 8 years old!! My competition days are over (bu&&ered knee) but I still like a good rumble on the mat (oo-er!)

The first rule of any fight situation is to avoid the fight, but yes if push came to shove (almost a judo joke there!) it would help.

No wonder you have the confidence to take these comedians on.

Top Bottom