The heritage of pubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

claudbutler

:cheers:I love pubs [a bit to much] take alook at the BEER IN THE EVENING forum it helps you find good and not so good pubs all over the country.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The New Beehive in Bradford had bare wood boards, gas lighting, coal fires and a huge array of draft beers last time I was there. The Victoria in Harwood near Blackburn is pretty original. The New Inn in Clitheroe has several small rooms warmed by coal fires and a great selection of real ales. All are popular thriving pubs, while all around are plastic pubs selling Europiss and Brakes food and struggling to survive.

Last edited:
The Philharmonic in Liverpool

Philharmonic-Dining-Rooms-990.jpg
16969497981_462be413ea_o.jpg

Even the bogs are amazing!

Hyslop

Veteran
Carlisle has a fascinating pub heritage, with most being taken into government management between 1916 and 1973 in one of the biggest social engineering experiments ever conducted

More gen here - http://thestatemanagementstory.org/
Well done that man,I remember well the pubs and the offlicence,though I never was able to drink in the pubs...much too young! Its just been pointed out to me that unless I want to be barred,I really ought to mention The Kings Head(ask for The Napper)to folk.So I have...superb beer,especially if you like a pint of Yates.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom