The "How Much?" / "Having a Giraffe!" Café thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Who remembers the price of beer.
My best is 1/8, one shilling and eight pence.

Yes, when I first had a beer 1/6 one shilling and six pence, I was under age at the time and have never been a drinking man.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I think when I first started drinking in pubs it was 1.50 a pint. We occasionally stretched to Stella if we were flush, that was the only one that hit £2

Jameshow

Veteran
You naughty boy.
My wife thinks I spent £650 out of the boat fund fixing a sail. I gave the guy with the big sewing machine a bottle of "hors taxe" rum that I didn't like for the 15 mins work.
The money evaporated. Assume the rum did too. Say no more.

What boat do you have? We need a boat thread!!

Windle

Über Member
I recall when I was first old enough to legally visit drinking establishments (cough), Newcastle Exhibition was 66 pence a pint in the local working men's club, 1986.

Gwylan

Veteran
16p a pint for Tartan bitter in the Cardiff union bar when I started at UWIST

At UWIST, that's an echo from the corridors of time. I enrolled at The Welsh CAT and graduated from UWIST.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
I used to go to my local off licence, get 20 Woodbine and a bottle of Jack Daniel's and still have change from a pound. That was before they had CCTV.

Well, I used to go to the off-licence, get six bottles of Guinness, 200 B&H Sovereign, a bottle of Bordeaux red and a packet of condoms, and the shopkeeper would give me £30 to take it away.

Top Bottom