The "How much?" or "You're havin' a giraffe!" thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Looks like one of those cheap & cheerful Carbolite 103 frames to me. One of my colleagues rides to work on a similar Peugeot with a flat bar conversion. Nothing wrong with hi-tensile, but these things were made in their thousands and are not super rare or desirable.

Gunk

Guru
They are good to ride though

Here’s one I did earlier this year. Like you say, nice to ride.

24F01BDE-D05C-48EB-9C52-32B7EB413FD3.jpeg

Heres mine, came from free cycle

Attachments

• Puegeot crop.jpg
    Puegeot crop.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 6

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
It's rare to encounter a steel framed bike at any quality level that is actually bad to ride, which is different to my admittedly limited experience of alloy frames. I have a real cheapo Puch 3-speed with swaged gas pipe stay & fork blade ends electrically welded to the dropouts but it still rides very nice. That said I do much prefer the 531 and 501 frames myself, but even a gas pipe job can be great if the geometry is half decent - and diamond frames have been around so long now that you'd have to try pretty hard to come up with a poor set of angles and proportions. Trial and error produced the optimal frame design decades ago and all you get now is a few more ounces off the scales and a bit more give and a bit less girder like feel.

Top Bottom