The "How much?" or "You're havin' a giraffe!" thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RichardB

Slightly retro

OO-er. There's no decent side-on shot to gauge the forks against the frame, but yup, they look bent to me.

Also, I'm not sure I would be happy riding fixed with that dinky chain tensioner.

It reminds me of a certain type of modified mototcycle, the ones with purple headlamp covers, and every last alloy component anodised in the most lurid colour available. Looks great on paper, looks sh!t in reality.

Okay 1250 is a lot, but these old Ti Bianchis are rare, the kit is good and it may be worth a low-ball bid.....oh wait a second... photo 17...:eek::stop:

https://www.2ememain.be/a/velos-vel...e-pro-vintage-koersfiets.html?previousPage=lr

Now readvertised at 550...mysteriously photo 17 is no longer included:evil:

screenman

Legendary Member
OO-er. There's no decent side-on shot to gauge the forks against the frame, but yup, they look bent to me.

Also, I'm not sure I would be happy riding fixed with that dinky chain tensioner.

It reminds me of a certain type of modified mototcycle, the ones with purple headlamp covers, and every last alloy component anodised in the most lurid colour available. Looks great on paper, looks sh!t in reality.

Frame looks bent for me, often happens before the forks go. Mind you I fix bent metal for a living and tend to look for the detail in most things, sad really.

Chris S

Legendary Member
£99 is at the top end for this vintage Raleigh single-speed but it is supposedly made out of aluminum. Presumably the rust is just a paint effect.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exclusiv...853485?hash=item28a52c922d:g:UroAAOSwXE5fqQky

s-l1600.jpeg

PS They've actually got a bid!

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Now that is taking the p*ss!

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer

With some misleading bollox in the description. Tour De France 1980 winner my arse. The Raleigh Team bikes were not cheapo spec "racers" made out of 18-23 Hi-tensile! The only thing they had in common with a Europa is they were both painted red!
I'm not convinced even a genuine SBDU frame would fetch £2k. That one is worth 2,000 pence not pounds. Maybe the seller was having problems with their decimal points? :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom