The "How much?" or "You're havin' a giraffe!" thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mikeymustard
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-R...381494?hash=item28229c9ef6:g:JEQAAOSwepJXWx5M

ratbike.jpg

£250? I'm sure it runs fine and that saddle looks quite comfortable really, but no matter how I look at it, it's still a rusty old Raleigh with a new pair of tyres on it.

ratbike2.jpg
White tyres = hipster chic lol

Attachments

• ratbike.jpg
    ratbike.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 54
  • ratbike2.jpg
    ratbike2.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 61

Brand X

I like white tyres! White tyres are cool. I'm not quite as fond of rusty chain-rings and peeling paintwork.

Cycleops

Legendary Member

Attachments

• ratbike.jpg
    ratbike.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 46
  • ratbike2.jpg
    ratbike2.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 52

davidphilips

Veteran

Attachments

• Hydrangeas.jpg
    Hydrangeas.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 53
relisted again? starting to loose count of the number of times this has been listed on ebay, dont know why the seller will not just accept highest bid? would the seller have to pay listing fees plus ebay sales fees when they keep cancelling sale? dont know about anyone else but i stopped bidding after the second time it was listed.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172385394857?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2661&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:blush:T

His reserve is probably £274.:laugh:
I bid and won a DT Swiss wheelset with a reserve.
I paid for it and thought I had bagged a good deal.
The next day I received a refund from the seller,and when I contacted him he told me "sorry mate,I just can't let them go for that price" ."I can give them to you for (insert 75% more):ohmy:
Cheeky bugger,but he doesn't have to sell me them .
Some people are just chancers or they think their item is worth the price they paid for new.And think putting on new tyres and new seat make it "immaculate "
Sorry guys ,off topic.
But I thought would share with the group
:tongue:^_^

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
His reserve is probably £274.:laugh:
I bid and won a DT Swiss wheelset with a reserve.
I paid for it and thought I had bagged a good deal.
The next day I received a refund from the seller,and when I contacted him he told me "sorry mate,I just can't let them go for that price" ."I can give them to you for (insert 75% more):ohmy:
Cheeky bugger,but he doesn't have to sell me them .
Some people are just chancers or they think their item is worth the price they paid for new.And think putting on new tyres and new seat make it "immaculate "
Sorry guys ,off topic.
But I thought would share with the group
:tongue:^_^
totally true

OP
OP
mikeymustard
relisted again? starting to loose count of the number of times this has been listed on ebay, dont know why the seller will not just accept highest bid? would the seller have to pay listing fees plus ebay sales fees when they keep cancelling sale? dont know about anyone else but i stopped bidding after the second time it was listed.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172385394857?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2661&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:blush:T
It's not that special! Maybe he doesn't really want to sell it. There's a Bristol seller that has loads of frames, they've been sailing through the 'Bay (see what I did there) all summer, hasn't dropped the BIN price by so much as a rusty mudguard washer! He obviously doesn't need the money

davidphilips

Veteran
It's not that special! Maybe he doesn't really want to sell it. There's a Bristol seller that has loads of frames, they've been sailing through the 'Bay (see what I did there) all summer, hasn't dropped the BIN price by so much as a rusty mudguard washer! He obviously doesn't need the money

what i cannot understand mikey is how can the seller get away with not receiving negative feedback and ebay sellers fees, as you say its not special, if it was the bike briggs682 bought with the shimano 600 now that would be different a real collectors dream.

Top Bottom