The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
I trundled my way round December's qualifying ride today, earning a fourth star.

The ride also completed an Audax RRtY (subject to validation) and fulfilled a long-standing ambition to ride 365 centuries in my lifetime, so a pretty significant day!

Pretty damned tired. I'll probably wake up around 3 and put something, hopefully coherent, in Your ride today...
365 centuries. Fantastic effort.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I've just spent 20 minutes trying to work our how to add my ninth star!
Glad it wasn't just me then :laugh:

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
I'm home too. Lucky to get the new calendar GWR Airmail 200km audax on the good (for December) day this weekend, ie Saturday! Great company, stupid early start to ride to the start north of Bristol by 7am. Great to ride with old and new audax friends and put names to online acquaintances. Fast route, minimal winds in the morning, turned around near Witney to come back into a 100km not really forecast headwind that dies slightly at dusk and then picked up again. Utter nightmare coping with car lights/traffic in the last hour but a great day out. Touch drizzle at the end but didn't get wet. Couldn't cope with any more blinding lights so was pathetic and rang the broom wagon for a lift home from the arrivée. Pleased surprised and relieved to have made it through RRtY, I didn't think I'd be able to with the night riding issues in winter.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I'm home too. Lucky to get the new calendar GWR Airmail 200km audax on the good (for December) day this weekend, ie Saturday! Great company, stupid early start to ride to the start north of Bristol by 7am. Great to ride with old and new audax friends and put names to online acquaintances. Fast route, minimal winds in the morning, turned around near Witney to come back into a 100km not really forecast headwind that dies slightly at dusk and then picked up again. Utter nightmare coping with car lights/traffic in the last hour but a great day out. Touch drizzle at the end but didn't get wet. Couldn't cope with any more blinding lights so was pathetic and rang the broom wagon for a lift home from the arrivée. Pleased surprised and relieved to have made it through RRtY, I didn't think I'd be able to with the night riding issues in winter.

:bravo::bravo::bravo:

Broadside

Guru
I finished the challenge yesterday, my first year! I thought I bonked at 65 miles, the last 30 miles were beyond hard. When I got home it became clear it was food poisoning and I have been laid up since. I can’t understand how I managed to keep going but at least it’s done, and well before the end of the month for once!!

rb58

Enigma
The highlights: Year 9 completed.
The lowlights: No turkeys - they've gone to turkey heaven already - or the fridge. And a very tough headwind for the last 50 miles.
All in company of the legend that is @ianrauk

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Update. Did it. Instead of just copy and pasting the star (which didn’t work), I copy and pasted the last star and the word next to it. After pasting, I deleted the extra word. Et voila! Of course, I will have forgotten that by this time next year!

You just now need to edit the years :laugh:

Top Bottom