The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I just highlighted one and copy and pasted it.
I tried that, but it wasn't that simple for me. Had to copy it & then insert it as a picture, but no doubt if I complete it again next year I'll have forgotten how to do it again :laugh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
All done and dusted for 2019. To Tiptree for brekkie with @rb58
A tough old days riding. A fantastic tailwind for the outward journey didn't help my legs who decided they didn't want to play today. However, a gut busting huge brekkie from the most excellent Exchange Cafe in Tiptree helped fuel the fire for the return. A return with brutal headwinds and for short while freezing cold rain.

So, 2019's challenge done and dusted. Thank to @rb58, @Trickedem @mark st1 and a good few others who i rode with and who helped me complete the challenge for the 9th year in a row or 108 months even.

Roll on 2020's challenge. It's only a few weeks away. And we're ready to roll again.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
All done and dusted for 2019. To Tiptree for brekkie with @rb58
A tough old days riding. A fantastic tailwind for the outward journey didn't help my legs who decided they didn't want to play today. However, a gut busting huge brekkie from the most excellent Exchange Cafe in Tiptree helped fuel the fire for the return. A return with brutal headwinds and for short while freezing cold rain.

So, 2019's challenge done and dusted. Thank to @rb58, @Trickedem @mark st1 and a good few others who i rode with and who helped me complete the challenge for the 9th year in a row or 108 months even.

Roll on 2020's challenge. It's only a few weeks away. And we're ready to roll again.

View attachment 495864

View attachment 495865
A breakfast of Imperial champions! Congratulations.What an achievement.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well done to you both @robjh and @Cranky Knee Girl . Welcome to the club.
2020 is only round the corner. Time to start again. ^_^

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
A mutual acquaintance warned me it could become a lifetime addiction :ohmy:
Funny, I've heard that a fair few times too, mostly in relation to audax/RRtY etc but.....:wacko:
I would have 48 consecutive metric century months if I hadn't have been slack and left it latish in the month in Feb 2018, crashed and was off bike for a couple of weeks. But I have kept on going.:rolleyes:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Righto, I think all those that were still in the challenge in December have done their qualifying rides.
So congratulations to everyone. That's 17 finishers that earned a coveted
full?d=1443009817.jpg
. 2 up on last year.
4 riders @Cranky Knee Girl , @robjh @Ice2911 and @Broadside getting their first
full?d=1443009817.jpg
. :bravo:Welcome to the club.

2020 is just around the corner so hopefully see you all back in the challenge again.
For myself, @rb58 & @Trickedem , it's a special year as it's our 10th year of the challenge. Most of the qualifying rides done in each others company. Where have the years and the cycling miles gone?

For us three, our challenge starts again on Sunday and I am hoping that some of you will be out bagging qualifying rides too.
I've generated the new 2020 Challenge thread and it will be opened on the 1st of Jan.

See you on the roads good people.
Ian

Soltydog

Legendary Member
it's a special year as it's our 10th year of the challenge.

For us three, our challenge starts again on Sunday and I am hoping that some of you will be out bagging qualifying rides too.
10 years of being a nutter :laugh: Well done guys :okay: & well done to the newbies to the challenge

I'm sure someone will be out on Wednesday getting an early century in the bag. I won't even manage Sunday, I'm at work till half past midnight Saturday, so Sunday's out but Mon, Tue or Wed? maybe 🤔 Good luck everyone for 2020. Reckon I should be ok for next year & hoping to do my first 200 mile ride & possibly a 300 miler :blush:

Top Bottom