The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Rob S

Rob S

piedwagtail91 said:
didn't know where to find the stars, so nicked three of yours:biggrin:

Well yes that's the idea....we don't want people trying to out glam other people's stars!!!:smile:

OP
OP
Rob S

Rob S

Zoom said:
goldstar.jpg
goldstar.jpg
I'm in; only 11 days to go ;-)

:smile:

Ooo you cheeky so and so....those gold stars are for people that have successfully completed the Century A Month Challenge:wacko:

Attachments

• goldstar.jpg
    goldstar.jpg
    544 bytes · Views: 72

Zoom

Über Member
Rob S said:
:smile:

Ooo you cheeky so and so....those gold stars are for people that have successfully completed the Century A Month Challenge:wacko:

I did complete in the CAMC in 2006 (and also in 2007 but never registered in January as I thought I'd never keep them up after PBP)

duly removed

OP
OP
Rob S

Rob S

Ah....I see :biggrin:. Well it's an incentive to get previous participants involved in the 2008 version here....if they take part this year they can show their stars. I suggest you get your name down if you've done it before :smile: Most of the fun of the online challenge rather than a private one is that you are telling people you are going for it, so there is a tiny amount of pride at stake if you fail.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
If somebody would be so kind as to tell me what 100 miles is in kilometres, I'll try to give it a crack. (I do apologise for this but living on the continent has its implications.)

Peter

Count me in - need to get the miles in for May - riding the Tour of Ireland and still need to burn off those mince pies :becool:

Zoom

Über Member
does riding into work and back home again count? (55 km each way)

redfox

Zoom said:

Hmm, tricky one. Partly because the 100KM is supposed to be a continuous ride and partly because, if that's your commute, 200 of them will make the rest of us look really bad! :tongue:

However, its still 110KM in a day which is an effort worth recognising. anyone have an opinion on this?

Zoom said:

That's TWO rides with too many hours rest in between. Doesn't count in my book. 2x 55k with a cafe stop is OK. What's your average speed from home to home (including the day at work) ?

What do others think?

btw I couldn't do a 2x 55k commute anyway so I'm not the best judge.

OP
OP
Rob S

Rob S

Zoom said:

I'm nothing to do with the Metric Century challenge...but my 2p is: no it doesn't. When you set off in the morning you are not thinking 'this is a 100km ride'....you're thinking 'this is a 55km ride to work'. If you rode to a town which you then spent the same time looking around it and exploring the tourist attractions then I would say yes it does.....but doing a working day in between 2 journeys by bike is not in the spirit of doing a century.

Zoom

Über Member
Rob S said:
I'm nothing to do with the Metric Century challenge...but my 2p is: no it doesn't. When you set off in the morning you are not thinking 'this is a 100km ride'....you're thinking 'this is a 55km ride to work'. If you rode to a town which you then spent the same time looking around it and exploring the tourist attractions then I would say yes it does.....but doing a working day in between 2 journeys by bike is not in the spirit of doing a century.

agreed; I'm not registering it, even though I think I need 10 bonus points just for riding back tonight :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Andy in Sig said:
If somebody would be so kind as to tell me what 100 miles is in kilometres, I'll try to give it a crack. (I do apologise for this but living on the continent has its implications.)
Not a lot of people know this, but it is really handy information - Google will convert things for you.

Examples:

100 miles in km, result 160.93... km
19.4 mph in kph, result 31.22... kph
14 stone 12 lbs in kg, result 94.347... kg
36 litres in gallons, result 9.510... US gallons
36 litres in uk gallons, result 7.918... Imperial gallons

Top Bottom