The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I'm out :ohmy:. I should have taken the opportunity when I was close to the 100k earlier in the month on more than one occasion. I had mechanicals today and thought it prudent to come home at halfway rather than potentially bugger the bike up.

Fiona N

Veteran
Crackle said:
Well I've fallen at the first. Still haven't shaken this virus off...

Me as well - done for by bronchitus. Well best laid plans and all that, I'll just have to wait for 2009 :ohmy:

Maybe we should have a challenge series for late starters and those laid low; something achievable under any conditions, like 30 miles, in January, 50 miles in February , 70 in March, culminating with stonking back to back 100's in December. Actually, I like that idea :cry: makes December a real do or die effort :biggrin:

Haitch

Flim Flormally
longers said:
I'm out :biggrin:. I should have taken the opportunity when I was close to the 100k earlier in the month on more than one occasion. I had mechanicals today and thought it prudent to come home at halfway rather than potentially bugger the bike up.

Sorry to hear that, Longers. I grew up in your neck of the northwest and was loking forward to reading your ride reports. Hell, send in some ride reports anyway!!

ASC1951

Guru
piedwagtail91 said:
hell thats technical! i just right clicked,copied and pasted from robs post on the century log thread.:biggrin:
goldstar.jpg
goldstar.jpg
goldstar.jpg

Dear me, it's more technical than I thought. I have copied that HTML into my post and nothing appears. Yes, I can see the HTML in my edit screen, but nothing appears in Preview or if I save the change.

Have I got a setting wrong in my options? I can't see the stars in Rob's post, either.

Attachments

• goldstar.jpg
    goldstar.jpg
    544 bytes · Views: 83
  • goldstar.jpg
    goldstar.jpg
    544 bytes · Views: 69

Dave5N

Über Member
Humph.

Fell at the first fence.

Last ditch attempt last night. Did a fair old distance (and boy is it dark in the lanes!) but the computer was on the blink and I only recorded 70+ KM.

Probablty a fair bit more than that, but no way of knowing.

Ah well, next year I'll get more organised.

ian_oli

Über Member
A rule Adjudication

On my last ride last year, I made it up to the magic 100 miles (or in my case magic 161km as my computer is set on Kms for Audaxing) from a wretched 160.88 km by cycling round the station car park in the fair city of Crawley.

However I took the train back to Clapham Junction and then rode the six or seven miles home. I got my 100 miles fair and square, but could I have avoided the car park circuit by counting in the distance after the train ride - which was shorter in time than my stop in Brighton for lunch?

ronstrutt

Fortunately, on last month's ride I found that the ring road route to reach the station in Ashford was so long it avoided the dreaded car park circuits! I'm sure it used to be much more direct.

I tend to do a one-way ride and catch the train back, sometimes meaning a journey of a couple of hours, so I make sure I exceed the 100km/100 mile before I catch the train.

redfox

I set out to do the imperial today but, despite the glorious weather, I was all out of sorts for some reason and decided to grovel my way round a metric instead. ;)

Good job too! Don't know what I would have done feeling as bad as I did at 80K while still only half way round.

ASC1951

Guru
redfox said:
despite the glorious weather
I was out and about just north of Leeds this afternoon. Tee shirt and shorts. Snowdrops up everywhere and even some mahonia blossoms open and covered in bees.

It's not natural.

ASC1951

Guru
Rob S said:
You had three stars and now you only have two!!!

I've managed to sort it by ducking back into IE. The stars were invisible in Firefox, for reasons that I don't understand. It's all different grades of magic to me. :smile:

ronstrutt

We may be a small band, but we all seem to be doing well, albeit with only two months under the belt. Mind you, it gets easier now with lighter, warmer evenings coming through. I have to say that completing my last century in the dark, with the temperature falling rapidly below freezing was not as pleasant as I'd have liked.

Top Bottom