The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Knight

Updated last three months in one go.....don't visit this place much I'm afraid

Any of you doing the White Rose Classic at the weekend?

Piedwagtail? ASC 1951?

ASC1951

Guru
Not me, Knight. I found out about it too late so I have some other engagement this weekend. I'm going to try and fit in my June 100 this Wednesday, because the next three weekend are taken up with:-
- a caving club dinner, after which I will be unable to walk
- our office's two day "strategy meeting" somewhere near Chesterfield. Oh Joy.
- ColinJ's Forest of Bowland outing. That is over the 100 and still in June, but half way through Year #4 the 29th is far too late in the month to risk getting struck by lightning/general debility/broken leg.

So it's off to Skipton first thing, then on the bike up to Kirkby Stephen via Fleet Moss and the Buttertubs and back via Mallerstang and Dentdale. Should be a good ride if the weather holds up.

Knight

I did it last year-suffered a really bad patch at 70m and recovered sufficiently to experience the full horror of Langbar

It's great cycling country-better even than Dartmoor I'm afraid to say

Maybe another time-I visit my brother in Leeds a lot

Keith Oates

Janner
ronstrutt said:
Some technological advice please.

I tried updating my report while out on the road using a Windows Mobile PDA. It wasn't having any of it.

Furthermore, even when I'm on my home PC, updating an entry (as opposed to creating a new one) seems to take an age, with each character appearing on the screen in slow motion. Any thoughts anyone?

Good to see you still look and post here at times Ron. I don't know the answer to your question but if you drop a line to Shaun I'm sure he will be able to advise you on the best way to overcome the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASC1951 said:
So it's off to Skipton first thing, then on the bike up to Kirkby Stephen via Fleet Moss and the Buttertubs and back via Mallerstang and Dentdale. Should be a good ride if the weather holds up.

nothing like a nice flat ride is there?
and thats nothing like a flat ride!!

Knight said:
Updated last three months in one go.....don't visit this place much I'm afraid

Any of you doing the White Rose Classic at the weekend?

Piedwagtail? ASC 1951?

no, I'm out with Andrew round hawes and garsdale to get the June 100 in.he wants to see what the hardest part of our clubs 150 mile ride is like and this just covers it.

ASC1951

Guru
piedwagtail91 said:
nothing like a nice flat ride is there?
Well, the weather did hold up - in fact it was a cracking day - but I had to unpack and fettle a bike for a friend first and by the time I had done that it was too late to set off. So a few hours jungle-hacking in the garden instead.

Kirby Stephen will still be there next week.

jan_connett

Still hanging in here, with a skin of the skin of my teeth job to Weymouth/ Portland on 31 May (not quite to the Bill as I was in danger of missing the last train back from Weymouth). Ride turned out to be a good decision as it was a lovely day and very pretty ride, especially after Shaftesbury. All sorts of roads I had never ridden before and a fair number of hills.

Btw Rob - have just seen your message: how rude!! ;)
Cheers
Jan

OP
OP
Rob S

Rob S

sorry guys but i think i'm out as i'm lying in hospital with a broken shoulderblade after being hit from behind by a lorry! :rolleyes:

ASC1951

Guru
Rob S said:
sorry guys but i think i'm out
Now that really is terrible news, Rob. Granted, a broken shoulder is a lot better than a broken head, but it devalues the whole event if you aren't out there setting the targets for us.

Or - just pull yourself together, man! You still have four days to buy some sandals and a stick-on beard and go out on a recumbent. You could even whack some lightweight wheels on the bed, pull the screens round and you would be out and back before they had noticed you were missing...

Top Bottom