The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sittingbull

Veteran
Nice one @Soltydog :okay:

Perhaps it would have been easier if you'd got Mrs. SD to pace you ;)

Tribansman

Veteran
Good effort to get it in so early, but if you want 'super flat' @Dogtrousers , you should try coming a little further north. My last century in December (up into the fens and back from North Hertfordshire) was c.2,400ft!

robjh

Legendary Member
Managed to complete year #3 - this is map of my qualifying ones on the Cycle Chat challenge but there were a few more.
1641075038469.png

I'm looking forward to starting year #4 now.

Well done to all those who completed 2021, commiserations to those who didn't, and good luck to those embarking on 2022.

sittingbull

Veteran
Well done @Dogtrousers :okay:

I got my January qualifier done too :biggrin:

Setting off at 12:25am the roads were still busy with revellers but soon quietened down, with just a number of stragglers making their way home (went on all night :smile:). I basically went straight up the coast aiming for Lytham St Annes but decided to extend slightly to Blackpool. I was unaware of the tailwind I had until I turned around for the return leg which seemed the longer of the two :rolleyes:

624585 624586

Looking forward to another year of memorable rides :okay:

Last edited:

Tribansman

Veteran
Not quite as early a start as you @sittingbull but I was out the door by 4.45am as wanted to get back to have some family time.

Glorious start under the stars and then a beautiful sunrise. Was pretty mild for early Jan but very windy at times, esp across the Cambs flatlands. Lovely quiet lanes around Oundle then a plod over to Cambridge for train home and a big lunch.

Pleased to have bagged my first century early, hopefully the first of many this year

20220103_084011.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
January's ride done and dusted. An old favourite down to Ashford and back. 101 miles for the day. Century month # 134 in a row.
Out of the door at 6am and witnessed a most beautiful sunrise which left with sunny blue skies all day. Blooming cold though.
Ride was not without incident however. I hit a patch of black ice in the countryside and went down. Another roadie following did the same despite me shouting a warning.
Nothing broken, human or bike, just a bit sore down the right side.

Top Bottom