The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
@ianrauk and I did our November Century on Sunday. It was a bit of a grey day to start with, although we did see a tiny bit of muted sunshine later on. As it was Remembrance Sunday I had planned a route to visit the War Grave in Lenham. 52 soldiers lost their lives in a single V1 bomb incident just days before D Day. Over 40 were injured, many seriously. However there was a war on and within days the Unit departed for D Day.
We arrived a bit early to hear the service and the last post, but we did get to listen to two pipers playing a lament, which was very moving.

A nice lunch at a garden centre and an escaped Llama were the other highlights of day.

Overall a fairly easy ride for me considering my complete lack of fitness and I finished the ride on exactly 100 miles, stopping at my son's pub for a pint.
IMG_20211114_104234.jpg
IMG_20211114_104933.jpg
IMG_20211114_131254.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep. Thanks to @Trickedem for the great ride through the sometimes very mucky Kent lanes. We have a few short showers' but nothing to put the dampener on things.
So scores on the doors. 102 miles for the day. Imperial century month # 132 in a row.
1 more month to go.

1636979744122.png

1636979834491.png

1636979924353.png

1636980010697.png

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I wish my slowest was that quick :blush:

At least you got over half-way before struggling; quite a noticeable drop in temperature today too. Take some time to recover before the final one :okay:
It's 17 minutes faster than my fastest

I know this fact because, having signed up for Ride London I've just realised that the 8hr cutoff could be a real problem, so I've just spent some time poring over my records. I have, on a couple of occasions, beaten 8 hrs, so I should be OK. But I'm likely to have the broom wagon hot in pursuit.

In preparation for re-joining the challenge and adding another star to my collection, I rode my first century since before lockdown yesterday. (9 hours :smile: )

sittingbull

Veteran
................ I have, on a couple of occasions, beaten 8 hrs, so I should be OK. ................
With the right preparation and a positive mindset you'll be fine :okay:

In preparation for re-joining the challenge and adding another star to my collection, I rode my first century since before lockdown yesterday. (9 hours :smile: )
I bet that was tough but satisfying :biggrin:

Re-joining the challenge will definitely help. It would be nice to see a few more past participants (currently MIA from the challenge) re-join too :okay:

sittingbull

Veteran
Sunday saw my final qualifier in this year's challenge :biggrin:

106 miles took me over the Runcorn Bridge, through Delamere and on to Whitchurch and then Wem. A fairly straightforward ride for this time of year except one of my front lights failed almost immediately after I turned it on so I had to use my main light sparingly so it went the distance. It wasn't too cold and the roads were mainly dry apart from short sections with run-off water from the fields. Glad it's done as I've had a few very cold rides recently and my fingers and toes have suffered.

It's taken a while but I think I've finally got my mojo back after a few touch and go months were I left it very late and struggled. A few pics from today's ride:

Good luck with your rides :okay:

13 rider

Guru
It's done . This year's been a real struggle all 12 rides solo . Out today as the the best weather so far this month . Out early 06.30 . 101 miles south to tick of some veloviewer tiles in Coventry . Another slow one 1 minute under 7 hours but a lot of urban roads so a lot of stopping . The ride didn't feel as hard as last month's but the last 10 miles seemed to take forever . That's 5 years in a row ,still pondering next year's ?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Todays cycling shenanigans. The Cuckoo and Christmas trees ride.
Year 11 of the Imperial Century Ride a Month challenge completed. A lovely mild day. Even the sun made a brief appearance. Very mucky roads though from all the previous days rain making for a very mucky bike & very mucky human.
So, scores on the doors. 101 of your Imperial miles for the day. Imperial Century Month 133 in a row. Roll on 2022 and year 12. It all starts again soon.

20211212_154406.jpg

Pute filth
20211212_144906.jpg

20211212_102907.jpg

Christmas trees in Headcorn
20211212_102854.jpg

20211212_102834.jpg

13 rider

Guru
Todays cycling shenanigans. The Cuckoo and Christmas trees ride.
Year 11 of the Imperial Century Ride a Month challenge completed. A lovely mild day. Even the sun made a brief appearance. Very mucky roads though from all the previous days rain making for a very mucky bike & very mucky human.
So, scores on the doors. 101 of your Imperial miles for the day. Imperial Century Month 133 in a row. Roll on 2022 and year 12. It all starts again soon.

View attachment 621657

Pute filth
View attachment 621658

View attachment 621659

Christmas trees in Headcorn
View attachment 621660

View attachment 621662
Lovely day for but by God the roads were filthy I looked just like you at the end

Tribansman

Veteran
Well done gents on completing another year, great work.

I did my last qualifying ride on Tuesday (am a bit behind on the thread!), wished it had been today, much nicer conditions.

Found that a lot of the rides this year have been a chore, and only just kept it going in October by fortunately getting it in early before I broke my sternum on the 13th. Def shows the value of taking the opportunity when you have a clear day if you can.

Had an ambitious target of 30 centuries this year, will fall slightly short. On 23 at the moment (all solo) with only 3 opportunities max left:headshake:

Due to a big family/lifestyle change plannned for start of 2023, next year's likely to be the last year for a while that I can do a lot of long rides. So going to take the plunge and set up a 52 centuries a year challenge, with an aim for one one per week but ability to catch up/get ahead in summer months and when I take a couple of weeks off work!

Would be nice to maybe join up with a few of you hardy ICAM challengers as 52 solo centuries will be pretty bleak!

Top Bottom