The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sittingbull

Veteran
Monday saw my September qualifier completed ^_^

With a dismal week of weather forecast I took the opportunity of some dry hours after the earlier downpour. My heading was Knutsford and Tatton Park. A number of years ago (when I was fit) I used to work nearby and was fortunate to be able to run around the park in my lunchtimes. I had forgotten just how magnificent it really is!

I added a few miles in and around the area of Mobberley then turned for home. I dodged the showers for most of the day but they caught up with me for the last 14 miles. Home around midnight with another one in the bag :okay:

611316 611317
611318 611320

Soltydog

Legendary Member
October qualifier done yesterday with @craigwend & 1 other. Very pleasant ride for October, just 2 more to go 👍

13 rider

Guru
October's done with a disclaimer . I had plotted an 103 mile route to Birmingham airport for some veloviewer tiles . Right from the off on my wahoo head unit the speed was all over the place 18mph would just drop to 5 mph .Not bothered about speed on a longer ride but reach Market Boswort a regular meeting point and distance read 9.7 m I now it's 11 m from home . Stopped the ride restarted the wahoo and set off this made no difference . So did the route and even extended the last section . Got home uploaded the rides to strava hoping this would correct any discrepancies but no it gave me a milage of 92.3 m . Quick change of the battery in the speed sensor and back out to add another 9 miles . Will plot the route again on ridewithgps and see how far I actually rode

sittingbull

Veteran
Friday saw my October qualifier :biggrin:

On a route I've ridden several times this year it was third time lucky to reach the top of the Cat & Fiddle (A537 Macclesfield to Buxton). The climb was tough and came half-way through my ride so pacing myself was crucial. I ran out of gears (on a triple :eek:) and was passed by a couple of other riders who breezed by. It was nearing sunset and the temperature was dropping fast. The bitterly-cold, bone-shaking, death-grip inducing descent had me stopping at the bottom to re-gain feeling in my fingers before continuing. The next 45 miles was largely straight-line mile munching pulling me home through the darkness.

That's 12 for the year, can I stop now? ;)
Spot the electric fence? "I'll just park my bike here, what's this sign say"? :eek:

613880 613881

613882 613883

613884 613886

Trickedem

Guru
Got mine done on Tuesday 26th. A little bit late in the month after an earlier aborted attempt where I had to bail at 70 miles as I lost a rear light.
What a lovely day for it. Reasonably warm, friendly winds and fairly flat.
I was catching a few veloviewer tiles along the way, one of which necessitated a muddy walk! Stopped for a pint of shandy with 20 miles to go so I could charge my garmin.
1635431014344.png

The church of St Thomas à Becket, Fairfield
IMG_20211026_141931.jpg

The funfair at Dymchurch. I was surprised to see this open, but it was a nice day and also half term, so was actually quite busy.
IMG_20211026_160637.jpg

sittingbull

Veteran
November done :biggrin:

It was heavy drizzle and I delayed my departure by 20 minutes then decided to chance it. Fortunately it payed off as I stayed dry although I was riding on damp/wet roads for 80% of my route. I went to Southport and on to Preston. No pics I'm afraid as I forgot to charge the batteries :whistle:

I wasn't too happy following the trail on my Edge 500 as the route frequently disappeared and when present it seemed pretty "laggy" on roundabouts etc. Maybe back to the 200 for my next ride (if the battery is up to it).

On the return the right shifter was playing up and getting progressively worse, I'd shift up the cassette and it would drop down again (I don't think the cable was slipping but we shall see), by the last 15 miles I was stuck in 42/12 (or 52/12), fortunately it was fairly flat.

One to go :hyper:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
wasn't too happy following the trail on my Edge 500 as the route frequently disappeared and when present it seemed pretty "laggy" on roundabouts etc. Maybe back to the 200 for my next ride (if the battery is up to it).
This was a well known problem with the 500. Any route over about 50 or 60 miles and it started to struggle. Check out the Garmin forums for the full story. There where many reports and complaints. Garmin were aware of the problem but Garmin as Garmin are, didn't do an update to fix. I also went back to the 200 as the routing behaved flawlessly.
I used to use the 500 for recording only. Now have the 103 which like the 200, never fails.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Got my November ride done yesterday 👍 It was my first of 14 days off work & weather was as good as it gets at this time of year, dry all day, a gentle southerley breeze & fairly mild. My wife was hoping to get 100km in, so she rode with me (or sat on my wheel :whistle:) for about 50 miles & then 2nd half of the ride solo, but managed to find a nice stop for lunch, 3 course meal for a tenner fueled me nicely to the end:smile:

Top Bottom