The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tribansman

Veteran
Seconded. A brilliant achievement! 👍

Tribansman

Veteran
Brilliant ride yesterday. Wanted to go and see my brother for the first time in a year but couldn't afford the train so thought 'what the hell!'

Left at 5am for the 180 mile ride up to Huddersfield. Light cross winds and mostly hazy sunshine all day, massively enjoyed it.

Unavoidable that all the hills were in the final quarter and I felt every gram of my luggage! Main two were Chesterfield up to Owler Bar and Snake Pass. Tough but the views up the Hope Valley and then over Greater Manchester made all the effort worth it. What wasn't quite so good was a torrentional 15 minute downpour up Snake Pass and then a heavy hail shower down it, which meant I couldn't enjoy the fast descent I'd earned 😭

Arrived just after 6 in the evening, was chuffed with that. Super hospitality from bruv, bevs and a beautiful feast laid on, which I was very ready for. Longest ride for almost a year, held up pretty well apart from a sore shoulder.

Trickedem

Guru
I've been putting off my May century because of the weather, but I decided I need to just get on with it, so took a day off yesterday as this seemed like the best option. The forecast was for increasing wind throughout the day and with the potential for showers. Just for once the forecasters got it right and luckily a Southern wind meant it was on my side for most of the day, although the last 15 miles were in torrential rain, at least I had a tail wind.
I had planned this route to get some more veloviewer tiles and I managed to increase my max square from 24 to 27. I am so pleased I started doing this challenge as it has forced me to map out some new routes and do a bit of exploring. I'm planning on doing all of Kent by the end of the year.

1621578285338.png

1621578621338.png

sittingbull

Veteran
May in the bag ^_^ I headed out to Chester then got very lost (due to road works) on the way to Treuddyn (North Wales) to visit some friends where I stopped for a cuppa. A scorcher of a day, lots of roadies out. On my return I took my shades off at home and looked in the mirror, as well as the usual dried sweat and road grime I could make out a resemblance to a panda (the tan lines) :blush:

Chester City Walls

Nearing Treuddyn

Roll on June :okay:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Got my June ride completed yesterday. Got suckered into doing far more than planned. Joined a FLAB group ride which was planned to be around 65miles, so headed out early & did a little loop of 22 miles before the ride, with the intention of a smaller loop at the end to bring up the ton. My wife joined me for the extra after the ride & then decided she felt good & would also ride 100 miles, so I ended up as her windbreak for the later stages & ended up doing 120 miles 👍 It was a cracking day, not too warm, or too windy, but I did catch more sun than anticipated, must remember the sun cream when I go out today :laugh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Got my june qualifying ride done and dusted yestrday too.
For those that haven't seen this in the Your Ride Today section.

Another lovely, very warm and sunny day for a Kent ride. Luckily I slapped on the factor 50 before I left this morning.
This rides called the 'ok, I got lost on roads I know' ride. You know when you go wrong but you continue going in the wrong direction knowing you should go back. Which I ended up doing.
Its all miles ^_^ anyway
June's imperial century done and dusted with 117 miles on the clock.
Bagging a few Eddingtons on the way.
Imperial Century 10 for the year.
297 over all.
Month 127 in a row.

1622711624441.png

Climbing Toys Hill
1622711663467.png

Knockholt
1622711691160.png

Sissinghurst. Penny Farthing to commemorate when the Tour De France passed through the village in 2007
1622711848330.png

Last edited:

sittingbull

Veteran
June qualifier completed yesterday. I set off at 5:30pm to avoid getting frazzled (again).
It was one of my "regular" century rides heading due east to Macclesfield and the Cat & Fiddle. The sun was welcome on my back on the outward leg. I stopped short of the top of the C&F climb as I'm still not really in shape for the full climb followed by a 50 mile return leg.

Conditions were ideal throughout, warm, dry and almost still. The first ride this year in which I've felt strong throughout. That takes me to #8 for the year and considerably less than @ianrauk overall.

cc1.JPG cc2.JPG cc3.JPG

Last edited:

Trickedem

Guru
Got mine done yesterday. Getting a bit late in the month to put it off any longer. I was planning on doing it today (Sunday), but a rather wet day was forecast, so I had to change my plans. I was up all night doing refreshments for the Friday Night Ride to the Coast, so got home at 6am. Rather than head out then I decided it was wise to have a couple of hairs sleep, so I didn't leave home until 9.30. I was on my brand new Dolan Ti Gravel Bike and it performed faultlessly, both on tracks and on the road. This was also a tile capturing ride, so I managed to get another 10 tiles.
All in all a great day, with good weather.
1624794684672.png

1624794636467.png

1624794582801.png

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Got mine done yesterday. Getting a bit late in the month to put it off any longer. I was planning on doing it today (Sunday), but a rather wet day was forecast, so I had to change my plans. I was up all night doing refreshments for the Friday Night Ride to the Coast, so got home at 6am. Rather than head out then I decided it was wise to have a couple of hairs sleep, so I didn't leave home until 9.30. I was on my brand new Dolan Ti Gravel Bike and it performed faultlessly, both on tracks and on the road. This was also a tile capturing ride, so I managed to get another 10 tiles.
All in all a great day, with good weather.
View attachment 596031
View attachment 596030
View attachment 596029
Nice one. And welcome to Ti Gravel Bike Club.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I did July's qualifying ride last Thursday with my cycling partner in crime @rb58
A nice Kent loop to the seaside for brekkie and beer. Herne Bay to be precise.
Lovely weather, lovely company, lovely ride.
With Eddington numbers in mind I stretched the ride to 120 miles moving my Eddington number up one to 114

1626695047183.png

1626695148507.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom