The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
As I'm sure everyone has guessed, I'm not going to be a contender again this year. Will still aim to get my century rides in via the Lunacy Challenge. Good luck to everyone who has managed to make a start.:okay:

sittingbull

Veteran
Well that's Feb done :smile: The forecast was mild and dry. I set off with shades :becool: but after 30 miles it was more or less constant drizzle. I hadn't planned a route so headed for Hale Village and did multiple loops in and around the area.

First stop, the grounds of Speke Hall.

Next, Hale Village with the lighthouse in the background (honest).

Then the statue of John Middleton (The Childe of Hale).

John Middleton's house.

Finally the view from Pickerings Pasture with the Runcorn Bridge in the background.

So with 102 miles and another tough month done I'm looking forward to milder weather and venturing further afield (hopefully), because I'm pretty much out of local routes :okay:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Got month 2 done today, and it felt like a struggle. There were some fairly modest hills and glum weather, but by 60 miles I was a mass of aches, my legs felt like lead and I had repetitive heartburn to boot. Something tells me I am quite out of shape.
Anyway, passed this at about 66 miles and I felt like I was one of them
View attachment 575066
Didn't see any of those on my visits, but I did see a Mastodon! ;)

Trickedem

Guru
Got mine done yesterday. If I'm honest it felt a bit of a chore at first. However once I got going and it warmed up I felt fine. I stopped at just shy of 50 miles for a coffee and something to eat and this powered me through the rest of the ride. The hills felt tough and the average was slow, but hopefully that is the toughest 2 rides of the year ticked off.

13 rider

Guru
Febs done . 3 weeks ago I tweaked a muscle in my back which resulted in 10 days off the bike . My back has massively improved but is not 100% but I wasn't exactly looking forward to today's ride . Took my Defy as it has a less aggressive position than my TCR. Heading out to Market Bosworth 10 miles from home then completed 4 loops around the area and home for the grand total of 100.27 miles . Picked this route as it's a flat as possible 2800ft of upness .My back was fine while I spun along but really struggled to put power through the pedals . Sitting on the sofa now resting an achy back

Tribansman

Febs done . 3 weeks ago I tweaked a muscle in my back which resulted in 10 days off the bike . My back has massively improved but is not 100% but I wasn't exactly looking forward to today's ride . Took my Defy as it has a less aggressive position than my TCR. Heading out to Market Bosworth 10 miles from home then completed 4 loops around the area and home for the grand total of 100.27 miles . Picked this route as it's a flat as possible 2800ft of upness .My back was fine while I spun along but really struggled to put power through the pedals . Sitting on the sofa now resting an achy back
Great effort in the circumstances. The motivational power of a challenge eh?! I've been having issues with my neck all year, which has meant the two I've done so far have been a real chore rather than enjoyable, esp as it was freezing too. Doubt i'd've finished them if I wasn't in this challenge / wanted to keep up with ridiculous personal target around my Eddington number.

Am planning another local century on Saturday, just to test out if it's any better over a long ride. If not, may have to think about seeing a physio and/or bike fit although god knows when that will be.

The main enjoyment I'm getting from cycling at the moment is the (super low intensity) spins with my 7 year old, although he's noticeably upped his pace since last year!

Top Bottom