The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
I left it a bit late in the month to get Novembers ride done. The weather the previous weekends has been pretty vile, that, and family stuff getting in the way.
But I got it done today. A nice bimble through deepest, darkest Kentshire.
So, 105 miles for the day. Century #15 for the year, month #132 in a row. Century #320.

Roll on December, its next week.

View attachment 669228

View attachment 669229

Well done Ian. Still in the game! Never in doubt

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Its December... gold stars ready to be handed out. Anyone out this weekend? 6 people still in the challenge.
I'm out early tomorrow to get the last qualifying ride of the year done. Weather looks perfect for cycling. No rain, very little wind, cloudy with a max temperature of 7°.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Its December... gold stars ready to be handed out. Anyone out this weekend? 6 people still in the challenge.
I'm out early tomorrow to get the last qualifying ride of the year done. Weather looks perfect for cycling. No rain, very little wind, cloudy with a max temperature of 7°.

Don't want to jinx it but that's my plan. Lights charged, GPS charged ...

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Mine is done.:dance: I got out yesterday to do a tour of South Shropshire, taking in Ludlow, Bishop's Castle and Montgomery. 103.26 miles at a slow but steady 11.6 mph moving average. Got cold in the foggy weather and got lost while trying a lane I haven't been along before but it is done.

The ride report is here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/post-6865583

Some of the photos that didn't make it into the write up:

20221201_080006.jpg

20221201_085019.jpg

20221201_100733.jpg

20221201_104154.jpg

20221201_111549.jpg

20221201_113144.jpg

20221201_135337.jpg

20221201_140227.jpg

20221201_142104_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20221201_154635.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Mine is done.:dance: I got out yesterday to do a tour of South Shropshire, taking in Ludlow, Bishop's Castle and Montgomery. 103.26 miles at a slow but steady 11.6 mph moving average. Got cold in the foggy weather and got lost while trying a lane I haven't been along before but it is done.

The ride report is here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/post-6865583

Some of the photos that didn't make it into the write up:

View attachment 669827

View attachment 669828

View attachment 669829

View attachment 669830

View attachment 669831

View attachment 669832

View attachment 669833

View attachment 669834

View attachment 669835

View attachment 669836

Well done chap. Another well earned gold for you.

robjh

Legendary Member

Did mine today, a ride from Bath to London. Started in freezing fog, had some lovely quiet roads in the middle then did a bit of A4-bashing through Reading, and finished in the London rush hour. Oh my that ride in from Heathrow is long.

Really not a particularly fast ride, but I've had a thoroughly enjoyable day and will post the ride in the other thread anon.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And another gold star for me, my 12th. Out the door at silly o'clock 6am to dark, drizzly, cold weather. I did a variation of last weeks route down to Ashford in Kent to the FNR cafe for a full veggie English and a decaf latte. Living on the edge. Its a route I can do with my eyes shut I have done it so many times. So was an easy ride, despite the drizzle and cold. The drizzle only lasted half an hour, but the cold stayed cold for the whole ride. There was no need to rush so just plodded along, staying just on the warm side of cold.
So, scores on the doors.
100.01 miles for the day.
Imperial century # 16 for the year
Imperial century month #145 in a row
Imperial century #320 over all
Screenshot 2022-12-03 4.06.40 PM.png

20221203_075508.jpg

20221203_093512.jpg

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
December done, 2022 done. The plan was to ride out to Ide Hill for breakfast and have a good sit down. That's just shy of 25 miles. Then after breakfast I'd only have a ride of 75 flat miles. Simples. Did my psychological plan work? Well, sort of. I was flagging badly with about 30 miles when a text from my wife with train times from Tonbridge. I decided to try to put a bit of speed on get the earliest train, and discovered I was not as tired as I thought. I missed the train tho.

Flood near Yalding. No, I didn't try to ride through it.
1670101901162.png

Been a funny old year. Some of my centuries have just been awful grinds, struggling to get to the end. But a few have been fantastic. My ride to Brighton, taking in Kidd's Hill, Steyning Bostal, Devil's Dyke and Ditchling Beacon was an epic ride that I will remember. (And took an epicly long time). Then there was Ride London, which took the shortest time of any of my centuries (by a long way)

Last edited:

robjh

Legendary Member
Did mine today, a ride from Bath to London. Started in freezing fog, had some lovely quiet roads in the middle then did a bit of A4-bashing through Reading, and finished in the London rush hour. Oh my that ride in from Heathrow is long.

Really not a particularly fast ride, but I've had a thoroughly enjoyable day and will post the ride in the other thread anon.

A bit more on my Bath to London ride yesterday.
Map :
1670104397160.png

It was 117.9 miles, but took me from 7.30 am to 8 pm, which is a lot slower than I normally expect for these rides, but I was carrying a bit of luggage after a few days at a youth hostel in Bath, started with some big hills that I took slowly going down as well as up with wet rims from the fog, and spent the last 20 miles or so at London speeds with all the cars and the traffic lights. I tried to make up some time on the A4 through Newbury to Reading, but then also wasted time in the latter following my RideWithGPS route along the Thames towpath - quite pleasant but a distraction from the main journey. Then there were three food stops and a bit of time gawping at views and taking photos.
I'm not complaining, it really was a most enjoyable day, with a sense of purpose in going from A to B. I don't know if there is a good cycling route from Heathrow into London, but I ended up on the A4 itself towards Hounslow in stop-start traffic, and that would have been the one part I would have changed. That apart though, I mostly enjoy London riding, and it was fascinating to see the busy street life in each suburban centre I passed, from Hounslow through Chiswick and Hammersmith up to Knightsbridge.

It mostly wasn't a great day for pictures, but got better on the last stretch into London
20221202 Bath-London ride (14) Albert Memorial.jpg

Trickedem

Guru
Left mine until the 22nd due to the bad weather earlier in the month. Although the forecast was for showers I thought this was possibly the best chance I would have. Turned out to be the right decision, as I ended up with flu or a bad cold over Christmas and I certainly wouldn't feel like doing it this week.
The weather wasn't too bad and at least it was warm.
https://www.strava.com/activities/8279568954
I finished the ride at Houdini's Magic Bar where I had been performing the night before.
This was my 150th consecutive monthly century, so an important milestone and worthy of a beer on completion.
IMG_20221222_122602519_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221222_165854115.jpg

Top Bottom