The Ineos Grenadier thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Inspired by the new Defender thread, let's have one for the Grenadier.

According to their website development and the building if production facilities has not been badly affected by C19, and they're still on course for early 2021 production.

https://ineosgrenadier.com/?gclid=C...ADqMj38J8CRyPTvi3gdGYy0ovjOwpA7kaAmchEALw_wcB

Best of all, the finished product is due to be unveiled to the world "in a matter of weeks..."! I'm so excited a bit of wee came out.

MarkF

Guru
If the predicted cost is starting from £30k then they won't be able to make them fast enough. Previous Defender owners will snap them up as will Shogun/Jeep guys who wouldn't be seen dead in an SUV. They be pimped straight away as well like Twisted/Khan Designs do for Defenders and Jeeps.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Possibly, but that's not whom it's being aimed at. Live axles, rubber floor coverings with a removable bung in the floor so the interior can be hosed out, deliberately flat bonnet to perch a mug of tea upon..all that leads me to believe Ineos when they say it's intended as a serious tool for farmers, workmen, search and rescue teams etc. I can't see live axles and rubber carpets being popular with the Chelsea tractor brigade.

The new Defender, on the other hand...

MarkF

Guru
Possibly, but that's not whom it's being aimed at. Live axles, rubber floor coverings with a removable bung in the floor so the interior can be hosed out, deliberately flat bonnet to perch a mug of tea upon..all that leads me to believe Ineos when they say it's intended as a serious tool for farmers, workmen, search and rescue teams etc. I can't see live axles and rubber carpets being popular with the Chelsea tractor brigade.

Who cares about touch screens & remote closing boots when you have have a flat bonnet? I really miss mine.:wub:

186348d1365689781t-gunmetal-pearl-xjs-2012-09-09_12-57-02_866.jpg

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Who cares about touch screens & remote closing boots when you have have a flat bonnet? I really miss mine.:wub:

689781t-gunmetal-pearl-xjs-2012-09-09_12-57-02_866.jpg
That is the way landrover should have gone. Solid axles with an adaptable monocoque body shell to keep weight down and pass safety testing. The XJ/Comanche was really the pinnacle and once Jeep replaced it with the KJ it all started to get a bit limp.

I concur!!:okay:

Like you @Drago , I am very interested to see what finally appears, after teasers on FaceBook

Alternatively, there's this...
Availble in a wide variety of mechanical guises, various wheelbases
Then; 4x4, 6x4, or 6x6

DRM

Guru

They will clean up with that, I hope the MOD order a load, if they do I think companies & farmers will buy them as the best advert will be them being used by the forces & being squaddie proof so to speak, will it have locking diffs front and rear? if so it'll be unstoppable

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I think numerous militaries, plod, trumpton, big fleet buyers like Western Power...if it comes in at the prices that are being hinted at I reckon it'll do very well indeed, and good luck to them.

We cross train with Edale MRT and they want to replace their defender 110 ambulance, but theres nothing suitable so they spend a couple of grand having it refreshed and all the niggly faults sorted, and they're likely not the only Landy owners doing so. They're going to have Jim Ratcliffe's fingers off when the Grenadier goes on sale.

Edit- locking diffs front, rear and centre!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
A number of different modular body options too.

My guess - rather than homologate and crash test every single combination, theyll only do this for the basic unit and customers individual body options will then be bolted on after the vehicle has been registered, a bit like subaru used to do to get round certain emissions and taxation limits.

Top Bottom