The injured cyclist rides again !!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ajc

I managed my first 12 miles yesterday, nothing major for most people but after 8 months (well possibly 7) it was great to get out :rolleyes: My knee is still not right but way better than it was. I've had my commute bike changed from a 53/39 to a 50/34 and a new chain (the old one had kind of rusted after winter cycling last year and I'm not good at maintenance). It felt quite wierd, just getting on the bike and getting used to a thin saddle again but that feeling soon went.........to a more sort of numb feeling;).
I had a pootle round some quiet country lanes in north cheshire for an hour, here's hoping to another hour or so over the weekend around Skipton.......little steps "so to speak" :rolleyes:

Tynan

Veteran
good man

I'm getting near the end of a four week break (so far), (shoulder bone) and itching to get started

going to be the discarded old banger sadly until the insurance comes through

ash68

ajc pleased your finally up and back on the bike,bet it feels good. As you say break yourself in gently. Hope all goes well.

Tynan, good to hear your also on the mend. Hope everything goes well on the insurance front.

Best of look to you both:smile:

Tynan

Veteran
ta gents

I get a groovy three way commute these days too, Tue,Wed,Thu I get to ride down to WC1 for evening classes and then to home from there

ooh the excitement, and some of that proper city traffic

Hugo15

Über Member
Well done and take it steady. I have been off the bike for three weeks due to a knee injury. Going to try a very easy 30 minutes on the Turbo this afternoon.

got-to-get-fit

ditto

OP
OP
ajc

ajc

Well, I hope its been ok for Tynan, I went out again around Bingley, there's some hills around here ! I really want to go for it but I'm holding back, just another 10 miles, can't believe how nice the weather is !,
I keep reminding myself that I must take it easy, an 8 month layoff is a long time, looking forward to the pain :rolleyes: and feeling like I'm doing something again.
Thank you for your positive comments :rolleyes:

Tynan

Veteran
spent most of yesterday fixing up my old Scott Atacama, 15 odd years old and spent the last six at the bottom of the garden, surprisingly it's seems in good nick all things considered, I was told to lose it when it had it's last servicesixteen years ago, for general 'worn out' reasons, I did some proper commuting miles on it back in the day

anyhow, new bottom bracket ,new lights, rack and mudguards moved across from the still beautiful but sadly ruined Canondale, picking up and turning over the two different bikes said much about what Sir paid for at the time for each bike

lbs mechanic says 'not pretty but serviceable'

test ride today hopefully and back on the commute Monday morning, 12.5m to Willesden, 5 to Bloomsbury for evening classes, and then 13 odd back home late

hmm

Top Bottom