England : London The Italian Job - 100km from Finsbury Park to Little Chalfont

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShannonBall

Über Member
972dc36d3950ddb475f624b1fae9f9a4ded660dc.jpg

On 12 June 2016, Islington Cycling Club will stage a 107km (67 miles) audax ride that starts and finishes in Finsbury Park. This ride is called The Italian Job, and it will have an Italian theme: café, food, style. The cost event £6 to £9 to enter.

This is on the morning of the Finsbury Park Festival of Cycling, so riders return to the start point in the park, where a serious cycling party is in full swing. The club can run a stall/control point at the finish.

08:30 start – all riders away before 09:00. Earliest return would be 12:04 for the fastest riders, ie when the set up is over. Cut off for last finishers is 15:38, ie with the festival still in full swing. Peak time for finishers would be 13:00-14:00, ie good for lunch.

Look Mum No Hands! will run a pop up café all day from 07:30 for riders to fuel up and stay all day for the festival.

You are encouraged to show some Italian style in some respect.

This is now open for entries on the Audax UK website: http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/16-88/

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
In the diary Shannon

martint235

Dog on a bike
I need to start sorting my entries out for these things. In the diary though.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
If we were to do this on a tandem is parking available nearby? I don't think Gail would fancy the ride to Finsbury & back as well as the ride itself.

Top Bottom