England : Essex The Joy Of Essex: Saturday 22 June from Manningtree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Heh - that's a good one. :-)

Looks like you had a good, if windy, day for it.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Yep, it was a really enjoyable day!

I'll write it up as a proper post on my blog in due course but I've got to try to catch up with some of my work first, having had three weeks off touring (plus I am struggling to get back down to applying myself to work...)

lazytyke

Guru
Sounds a really good ride - deeply jealous. I had hoped a few weeks ago to join this ride as my mate and I both ride ICE sprints and it would have been fun to meet up and cycle with another trike or two - sadly a week in bed with some nasty lurgy has put paid to any cycling for a few weeks. The only other ICE rider we've met on the road is Cycleman from YACF, but I've followed both your and Trikeman's adventures on various forums with envy. Would have been neat to get some formation trike cycling in down Essex's roads. We live in West London, but have been out Manningtree way before to some cycling. I'll keep an eye out for future rides and hope for better health next time ! Adrian

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Hi Adrian, sorry you couldn't make it - it would have been good to ride with you! Mice has come over to Manningtree on the train before now to ride with me as a brace of ICE Trikes and I'm always up for that!

Spally

hi all, sorry i havent posted before now, but been 1 busy weekend! thanks for making me feel welcome, was a really pleasant ride without any mishaps, apart from my tour of stations as Tim rightly pointed out :smile: Well that and when i left for home. Got to car park without any issue, garmin edge taken off my bike so that could be stowed in the boot. all fine, exited the roundabout at the station and heard a smack!! what on earth was that, looked in my side mirror and saw said garmin skidding across the tramac...it had been left on my roof!!! anyhow, by the time i turned around 3/4 cars had passed so i was expecting to find one mashed up garmin. But no, after holding the traffic up at the roundabout to reclaim the garmin, i found it was still in 1 piece and working, just a few extra scratches on it now!!

Once again many thanks for having me along, shame i had to depart at the lunch stop.

have attached (i think) a small chart of time/speed for the part of the ride i was able to join in

Attachments

• manningtree.doc
    199 KB · Views: 41

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
heard a smack!! what on earth was that, looked in my side mirror and saw said garmin skidding across the tramac...it had been left on my roof!!! anyhow, by the time i turned around 3/4 cars had passed so i was expecting to find one mashed up garmin. But no, after holding the traffic up at the roundabout to reclaim the garmin, i found it was still in 1 piece and working, just a few extra scratches on it now!!

They are tough old things. Mine has been down the road when I failed to snap it into the holder properly. Was doing about 25mph downhill when I hit a bump and it went bouncing down the tarmac. A couple of scratches, but no problem at all.

Top Bottom