England : Essex The Joy Of Essex: Saturday 22 June from Manningtree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spally

hi ya, what with getting married and then being away for this and work not really been on here much. I am still up for this. may not be able to ride the whole route with you as i need to be home by 1pm for brothers birthday, but will defo start and see how we go.
cheers

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I'm definitely interested (enjoyed the last one) but working Friday night and not sure what time I'll get home - if it's not until 3am (possible), then it might be unlikely given I'd need to be up & about by 8am. Could I put myself down as a Maybe?

nickg

Über Member
Sadly im going to be unable to make this one. Shame really as was looking forward to it. I have to work saturday morning and then busy in afternoon. Have a good ride. I would be interested in the route you do though.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I have now prepared a route for y'all. This is erring on the side of leisurely!

Link is here: http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=rbpzqzwyyrklzxop

34.06 miles in total.

11.05 miles to the tea room at Fillpots Nursery in Langham.
11.11 miles from there via Dedham to The Haywain in Little Bromley.
The final 12 miles is a nice jaunt out to Wix.

Slightly undulating in places but nothing bad at all. Largely very quiet roads.

The Haywain stop serving lunch at 2pm so we'll need to make sure we're there on time (so I'd quite like to make a promptish start from Manningtree at 10am).

Don't forget that Manningtree Station does the most excellent Half Breakfast. I shall be at the station from 9am to enjoy mine!

Spally

is the station parking secure, as i will be driving over and will leave the car there until i return.

cheers

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I think in Manningtree, a missing cat makes headline news - a car theft would be the talk of the town for years

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Yes, the Station Car Park is available and is as secure as anything round here - pretty safe. I think there may be a cost of £2 per day on a Saturday. It even has a covered bit to keep the sun off your paintwork!

You can park for free on The Walls (1.5 miles further towards Mistley) for the whole day but to be honest it's easier at the station as then you can just roll out of the car and start eating your breakfast!

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I popped into Fillpots Nursery this morning to warn them that up to ten of us may be coming. They had some nice looking cakes!

1000058_10151431974106786_676338094_n.jpg

Tim Hall

Is there A List? I plan to get the 0830 from LST, arriving MNG 0931, giving me time to inhale a half breakfast. Currently dithering between doing the ride inna recumbent stylee or on fixed.

Anyone up for a bit of Groupsave Goodness?

Spally

Leaving mine around 7.30 as I have no idea where I'm going, so giving myself a bit extra in case of any detours on route. So could well be there by 8.30 :smile:

Top Bottom