The Labrador Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Lemmy has been awake for a whole hour and is already knackered. Note my oldest cat, Mrs Tibbles, keeping an eye on him.

Last edited:

keithmac

Guru
Same here, our youngest having a snooze on my lap..

gbb

Legendary Member
Having lost ours to cancer earlier this year, we dicided we're probably not going to get another, small garden, I diont like dogs pee and poo on the lawn so trained him to go in one spot by the back gate but it inevitably stunk at times, took the fence down now etc etc.
But my wife keeps showing me photos of lab pups for sale...looooook :wub: looook :wub: :laugh:

I sense prices are finally being pegged back a bit now, £1400 tops which is still an awful lot imo. If they get sub £1k...I might cave in. (Although my son has an XL Bully pup, gorgeous but it'll turn into a friendly brute...my kind of dog too)

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Just joined the Labrador club, well actually Labrador/Retriever. Hopefully this bundle of fun is going to be a life changer as she is a Guide Dog puppy that we are raising for the first 14 months‘ish of her life. First night last night, which I mainly spent sleeping on the floor next to her as she is not too happy to be left alone yet. She is 7 weeks old and the cat is not impressed.

View attachment 583004

View attachment 583005

View attachment 583006

Well the time came and off she went to school for her next step in being a life changer. This is the last photo we took the evening before she was taken by the "Puppy Snatcher", the rainbow is all real. I am pleased to say the reports are that she has settled in really well.

20220407_180337389_iOS.jpg

I got put off getting a Labrador when I noticed how many of their owners go blind. :ohmy:

gbb

Legendary Member
Digby is just over a year old now...
20220514_174806.jpg

Boring day really, i dont do sitting round too much, sends me almost anxious inside so took him for a 3 or 4 miles walk into the old brickpits, do us both good. Marvelous and quiet, shirt off, soak uo the sun, Digby can run his heart out plus three dips into the multitude of small ponds there, cool him off.
He will sleep tonight...

gbb

Legendary Member
20220525_142833.jpg
Digby, just over a year old, 35kg last time we weighed him, he will be more now.
On the brick pits today, let him run free. He's not good with people or dogs, not aggressive, just far far too excitable. I want a dog to be as natural as possible, run free, explore, swim, sniff...you can see him soaking it all up, its a wonderful thing.

Top Bottom