The Labrador Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Patch obviously isn't a lab, but he would play with any that he sees so does that count? :tongue:

IMG_1472.JPG

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Those you you with boy Labs, do you find that they are randy old goats? The slightest whiff of a lady dog and Lemmy is making a bee line for them. Once the 2 lady shepherds from across the road were out and 18+ stone of me was water skiing across the tarmac as Lemmy dragged me over so he could have a sniff.

pawl

Legendary Member
We only ever had one lab..im sorry to say he got put down as he liked to bite people ...
As i was one of his victims ive never cared for them..

My sister has had about 5 of them mostely chocolate and they have been ok..fat buggers but that's her and hubby over feeding
We only ever had one lab..im sorry to say he got put down as he liked to bite people ...

My sister has had about 5 of them mostely chocolate and they have been ok..fat buggers but that's her and hubby over feeding

Don't chocolate labs melt in hot sun

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I'd have trouble breeding from him if I did that.

Phew thats a from , had me worried there for a moment .

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
The other thing with Labs is their insatiable hunger. Ani all, mineral, or vegetable, if they can get to it they'll eat it. Lemmy is a big lad and stands up in the kitchen, and takes his time looking around for food to steal.

He's big for a lab, and quite tall. We keep him at 75lbs and weigh his food out so he doesn't get podgy.

vickster

Legendary Member
Had a choc one called Cadbury through teens, lovely dog, greedy (but not a thief)

Parents had a black one, Dixi, big bugger, daft and sweet...oh and greedy!

Molly.jpg

"Our" Molly. April 2002 to 7th November 2016.

Absolutely lovely dog, never aggressive with anyone or any other dog, not a bad bone in her body. Had a disc slip in her spine at the age of three and was paralysed in back end. A lot of patience and assistance with a hydro therapy pool got her back to about 80% usage, and she then "waddled" on for nearly another 12 years.

Miss her terribly, as does Jess, our 13 year old Collie.

RIP Molls.

Top Bottom