The Lappartient ledgers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Zut alors!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro

hoopdriver

Guru
I really want to believe that SirDave called him something else with the letters M and F, but it got put through google translate a couple of times. Not going for hearts and minds, are they Team Sky?
I think they know hearts and minds are never going to be won, so why not lean into the punch and say what they mean?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I think they know hearts and minds are never going to be won, so why not lean into the punch and say what they mean?
Sky may have other problems soon enough once the sale of parent organisation Fox gets decided. Digging around the financial pages, Fox shareholders are due to vote on the Disney offer on the 27th, although it's not clear whether that's also a vote on the competing Comcast offer. Nobody really has any idea what either of these would do with the Team Sky brand but I'd imagine their accountants will at the very least be casting an eye over costs and benefits.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
live.cyclingnews.com, today, 13:59:42 CEST says:
Lappartient, meanwhile, has responded to Brailsford's criticism at the start in La Baule today. “I don’t especially want to respond to him, but I will say for that the last person who called me a ‘Breton mayor,’ it didn’t bring him luck. That was Brian Cookson… By insulting me as a mayor, he is insulting the 35,000 French mayors and the French in general. I don’t know what he is looking to do with that,” Lappartient told Le Parisien. “When you are arrogant, one day or another, there is always somebody who humbles you.”

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Suhdayv interview on ITV just now, backpedalling madly, saying he didn't mean to be confrontational, just that an international president shouldn't play to his home nation's concerns so much.

Methinks someone's worried that the team bus is going to get a million euro parking ticket in today's tour finish town (Sarzeau, where Lappy is mayor)

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
live.cyclingnews.com, today, 13:59:42 CEST says:
Lappartient, meanwhile, has responded to Brailsford's criticism at the start in La Baule today. “I don’t especially want to respond to him, but I will say for that the last person who called me a ‘Breton mayor,’ it didn’t bring him luck. That was Brian Cookson… By insulting me as a mayor, he is insulting the 35,000 French mayors and the French in general. I don’t know what he is looking to do with that,” Lappartient told Le Parisien. “When you are arrogant, one day or another, there is always somebody who humbles you.”
Translates as '
Yeah My pal ASO will sort you, Sir Dave'

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Lappartient is a tit.
To suggest that the salbutamol test, that even its inventor had indicated was not fit for purpose, was only discredited because Sky had the money to discredit it is to miss the point pretty spectacularly.
He should be apologising that less well off riders have had a to cop a guilty plea knowing they were innocent. And to ignore the apparent fact that many other riders have had their AAF cases dismissed and never been in the public domain.
French mayor? Pah, bof, mille fois zut

Top Bottom