The last cut is the deepest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I've just oiled and sharpened my reel mower and was expecting one last cut this week, but whenever I've been home it's either raining or to dark. It will hopefully be next week if weather and time permits. Don't know if it'll be the last though

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Once I get an old lawnmower (a Hayterette) going which I have bought, I'll give mine a cut, if only to test out the mower. Soon the daffs will start showing so no mowing then, I have loads randomly spread out.

pawl

Legendary Member
Autumn is upon us, temperatures are dropping and things are getting moist. But enough talk of my Y fronts, the weather is going the same way as well.

So the rate if growth for grass and hedgerow is getting slower, and many will be considering the final cut of the year.

So this thread is to let us know when you plan to do the last cut, and to report back when its done. Extreme kudos to the person that manages it the latest :okay: The best Ive ever managed myself was Christmas Eve.

I was thinking of this weekend, but the weather looks a bit pants. Im busy during the week, so I'm eyeing up next weekend, Sunday 7th November, to give mine a short back and sides. I will give a sitrep in due course.

My last cut will depend on the growth of the grass Last year my last cut was towards the end of November

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Did front and back this week, probably at least once more & the traditional 'hoovering' up the leaves from next doors Oak tree, depending how the wind blows in the next month or so...

Over the Ord

This had me thinking and I had to get the calendar out, allowing for two weeks working one weeks rest two weeks working and what day the bin is collected it was the 21st Sep when I last cut the grass and that’s it for until next year. 👍

Dave 123

Legendary Member
All year round.

There is no such thing as the last cut of the year.

utter poppycock!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Leaves boil my wee. Not the leaves, but the muppets with their leaf blowers. Usually the same people that moan about climate change while getting a new car every 2 years, new iphone every year, yadda yadda.

An outdoor hairdryer seems about the most pointless and frivolous invention since my attempt to build a plutonium powered hand warmer (actually, just a lump of plutonium...)

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Leaves boil my wee. Not the leaves, but the muppets with their leaf blowers. Usually the same people that moan about climate change while getting a new car every 2 years, new iphone every year, yadda yadda.

An outdoor hairdryer seems about the most pointless and frivolous invention since my attempt to build a plutonium powered hand warmer (actually, just a lump of plutonium...)

Agreed.

We have a lady a couple of houses up the lane and she is out there for hours some days with the bloody thing whining away - even does it as the leaves are still pouring down from the woods opposite us.

Crackers.

Top Bottom