The last cut is the deepest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have housing association grass cutters to do mine.:whistle:

However in the cemetery they mowed the grass last week but didn't strim round the graves. They did that once in the summer and it grew to about 9 inches. I'm wondering if that was the last mowing of this year last week and they aren't going to bother strimming as the grass round the graves is only about 4 or 5 inches high? 🤔 The grave digger i used to talk to until he retired last year used to tell me that mowing and strimming started in Match and ended in October.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I was hoping to cut mine yesterday but it was still too wet.
With today's rain it will have to wait until the end of the week.

Alex321

Veteran
Usually sometime in November is the last cut of the year for me, but does depend very much on having whether dry enough for a few days. And now the clocks have gone back, it really has to be done at the weekend, as it will be dark too soon after work.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I cut mine last week and damned stuff is still growing.....Might do a last trim soon & douse it with that after-cut stuff.

byegad

Legendary Member
Last year I rather scalped the lawns in early November, it has taken until now to repair the bald parts, and most of the moss.
So my last cut of the year was last week. Hopefully after the 1st spring trim and then a week later a proper cut, it will look better than last year.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Front lawn just done

Gillstay

Über Member
Cut mine in July, so the next time will be March. Is that late enough for you? Cut three perhaps 4 times a year so no moss. plenty of ants, a few moles and voles and shrews. Lesser Celendine, clover snowdrops and Lady smock. lots of insects and birds. Little boring work.

Top Bottom