The last Ski Sunday!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
My wife and i never missed it years ago,loved it,havnt seen this one yet,but will try to.
And that poor blokes leg looked like rubber,the way it was moving:ohmy:

it needs more Biathlon in it

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Cathryn said:
See, I used to like it too...but I much prefer it now it's more real. The beauty of the mountains, the crunch of skies on snow....I'm never going to even slightly resemble the racers but I can identify with the other bits.

More real? It's just another holiday/lifestyle programme now... I want to see the events. They didn't even show the Four Hills ski-jumping a New Year this year...

ChrisKH

Guru
yenrod said:
>Ski Sunday

I always wonder how people cannot like this programme...

Well I don't dislike it, but I'm filled with ambivalence about it. It is like many things an ancquired taste and had I ever ski'd I'm sure I would appreciate it. Wifey doesn't want to go. So just a few years until the boys can fend for themselves then we're off.

ChrisKH

Guru
laurence said:
it needs more Biathlon in it

Agreed. Am I the only one who is a sucker for unusual and less popular sporting events? I much prefer field to track and really enjoy certain other events that do not get televised for obvious reasons. E.g. Cycling. And shooting. Or Cycling and Shooting. :evil:

ChrisKH said:
Agreed. Am I the only one who is a sucker for unusual and less popular sporting events? I much prefer field to track and really enjoy certain other events that do not get televised for obvious reasons. E.g. Cycling. And shooting. Or Cycling and Shooting. :sad:

I shoot, but find watching others shoot unutterably boring.

toontra

Veteran
I'm sorry but I hate the new format. I used to regularly watch Ski Sunday for the skiing competition, which has been almost entirely excluded. The first programme had no competitive skiing at all, and I knew to expect the worst.

We have celebrities doing stuff badly on just about every other series on TV. Why for the love of mercy do we need to see them skiing as well. This has the grubby fingerprints of focus-group scheduling all over it. Do all series have to be the same format now?

The review in last week's Private Eye sums it up nicely for me (it wasn't favourable, BTW), but judging from this thread I'm in the minority. Oh well, I'll just vote with my knob, so to speak.

Top Bottom