the least considerate drivers are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dondare

Über Member
Parcel delivery vans. I used to hate the Post Office vans when it was them, now the worst, worst drivers on the road, by a long, long way, are employed by UPS.

upstrucksr5.jpg

Be afraid, be very afraid.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
according to an article in the british medical journal you are 4 times more likely to be using your mobile phone or be driving without a seatbelt if you are driving a 4*4

yoyo

BMW / Audi drivers IME do not appear to think that the rules of the road apply to them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
surprisingly, of all the shoot drivers, I have found chav boy racers to be relatively decent and give me room when overtaking.

anyone relate to this ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also think this to be true and have a theory as to why this is so, Chavs generally on a lower income are the group most likely to have ridden a bicycle recently (to the dole office:biggrin:). Where as the advantage BMW/MERC/RANGE ROVER DRIVER would see a bicycle as below them and treat cyclists likewise.
Cycling scum :laugh::biggrin::biggrin:

Cab

This all depends on what we mean as 'considerate'. Taxi drivers and WV drivers give me more problems than any other categories, but I don't view them as inconsiderate, its more that a proportion of them are actually nasty. Inconsiderate implies a lack of thought or consideration, which ain't true of those drivers who intentionally buzz cyclists.

The great Homer (Simpson, that is) said 'Just because I don't care, that doesn't mean I don't understand'.

stephenb

Guru
John the Monkey said:
Melbournites, judging by this.

Melbourne's my old home town, and IMO it's one of the most cyclist unfriendly places on earth. As well as rude and aggressive drivers you've got compulsory (crap) cycle lanes, sadistic nazi cops (think Mad Max) and compulsory cycle helmets (please don't start). Wouldn't cycle there again for anything.

LLB

TwickenhamCyclist said:
//serious mode

The least considerate drivers can’t be classed by vehicle type
They are the ones that think “you shouldn’t be on the road” or “I pay road tax and you don’t” or simply aren’t paying atttention etc.
I’d far rather share the road with a considerate 4x4 driver than a 2CV driver not paying attention

//serious mode over

Agreed.

LLB

Mr Pig said:
I don't know, I hate them all.

I do think 4x4 drivers should be picked out for particular praise though. They are total tossers.

Just as well they don't all think the same of all cyclists ;)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I would say the worst drivers are the majority of the ones on the school run.

FFS this morning one stopped right in the middle of a ped crossing to save her little one the inconveniance of walking an extra 20 foot :sad: and judging by the size of them the extra walk would have done them good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom