the least considerate drivers are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JohnRedcoRn

JohnRedcoRn

anecdotal yes, but the generalisations about what types of car/driver treat you in certain ways seem to prove themselves repeatedly, with few if any exceptions. if i had an extra pair of hands or could be arsed to stop regularly i'd conduct a more scientific evidence based study of this.
Dont wish to be a reverse snob regarding anecdotal evidence versus proper academic contolled studies, but isn't it the case that costly and painstaking academic studies very often tell us what we knew already ?

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
I would say the worst drivers are the majority of the ones on the school run.

+1

Especially if they're on a school run in a Discovery. On the phone. Eyes shut, brain in 'powersave mode'.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
I would say the worst drivers are the majority of the ones on the school run.

FFS this morning one stopped right in the middle of a ped crossing to save her little one the inconveniance of walking an extra 20 foot :smile: and judging by the size of them the extra walk would have done them good.
My daughter told me just yesterday about a spherical girl in her class who gets brought to school every morning, despite living in the same (200m long) road the school is on. And she still manages to be late every morning...

dodgy

Mr Creosote said:
Ain't that the truth. I remarked to my wife last night that the school run is basically women in cars that are to big for them all looking scared because of the number of similar oversized vehicles.

The school run has become an arms race, the weapons are 4x4s and they're getting bigger.

CotterPin

... people who drive Smart cars! I've had one pull up sharply in an ASL on my outside. Lights were on red so he had jumped the lights. Then when they changed he pulled right across in front of me.

Wiz* car drivers who are really considerate but then they always look permanently nervous!

*is that one they are called - the little electric things?

LLB

Morrisette said:
+1

Especially if they're on a school run in a Discovery. On the phone. Eyes shut, brain in 'powersave mode'.

We need some hard proof to back this up instead of just conjecture.

Any chance you can do a survey in half a dozen schools in your borough to establish how many kids are actually brought to school in 4x4s, and of these, how many of the drivers are using the mobile as a percentage in comparison to other road users ?

LLB

dodgy said:
The school run has become an arms race, the weapons are 4x4s and they're getting bigger.

As long as fuel is as high as it is, then this will put people off using them for all but essential journey's

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
School runs aren't the issue - I'm out of there well before.... For me it's company car drivers - middle range saloons etc BM/Merc/etc, with the bloke in the suit.....doesn't like being beaten to the line, and the 'up my own butts' in the big 4x4's blacked out pimp machines (whether they have a family) - look like gangsters and pimps !

Get owned - I have a bike, it's faster than you !!!

LLB

fossyant said:
School runs aren't the issue - I'm out of there well before.... For me it's company car drivers - middle range saloons etc BM/Merc/etc, with the bloke in the suit.....doesn't like being beaten to the line, and the 'up my own butts' in the big 4x4's blacked out pimp machines (whether they have a family) - look like gangsters and pimps !

Get owned - I have a bike, it's faster than you !!!

Not surprised you have the Gangsta problem living in Manchester :boxing:

I'm surprised they haven't moved onto the Chryslers

chrysler300c.jpg

spindrift

Is there any part of this forum not polluted by self-gratification artists posting pictures of cars? What's the point? Go to a car forum. It's disruptive, irrelevanty, boring.

LLB

spindrift said:
Is there any part of this forum not polluted by self-gratification artists posting pictures of cars? What's the point? Go to a car forum. It's disruptive, irrelevanty, boring.

It always struck me as being your 'most favourite subject in the whole wide world' spinners. You seem to be totally consumed with other peoples cars & other peoples driving habits to the point you registered on safespeed to engage the drivers in dialogue over there :blush:

Perhaps if you went and got one, you wouldn't feel like you are missing out and then you could focus your energy on something more constructive (like how you deal with negative equity) :ohmy:

spindrift

You seem to be totally consumed with other peoples cars

use the search fuction and work out the proportion of my posts that have anything to do with cars, then come back and apologise for being a lying sack of shoot.

The safespeed posts had nothing to do with cars either , liar.

And I've got a car, you should spend some time addressing the question of why you spend your life self-gratifying over your car on a bike forum.

Again.

LLB

spindrift said:
You seem to be totally consumed with other peoples cars

use the search fuction and work out the proportion of my posts that have anything to do with cars, then come back and apologise for being a lying sack of shoot.

The safespeed posts had nothing to do with cars either , liar.

And I've got a car, you should spend some time addressing the question of why you spend your life self-gratifying over your car on a bike forum.

Again.

You seem to change your story like the wind spinners. It wasn't that long ago that you were saying that you passed your test a few years ago but didn't own one.
You claim to cycle and train/tube everywhere, so WTF do you want one for whilst living in central London unless it is a status symbol to impress the neighbours (tell me it is a Hummer :ohmy: ) .

Your foul mouth is the reason why most threads are moved, and your unfounded accusations of racism after your 'anti traveler' rant is just breathtaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom