The Lesser Spotted Bike Rider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Does this qualify me as a Lesser Spotted Bike Rider?
View attachment 80951
What a nice bike!!! :wub:
What a weird saddle though, don't the protruding metal bits at the front hurt your erm ... bits?:whistle:

S.Giles

Loads of Lesser Spooted Bike Riders in Cambridge. They happily coexist with the Lycra (sp.) Clad Cyclists around here.
I cycled in Cambridge one day last year (I'm of the Lesser-Spotted variety). I can't say I really enjoyed being stuck in a herd at traffic lights, and judging by some of the proficiency levels on display, some of my fellow riders appeared to never have been on a bicycle before in their lives! Also, someone yelled something out of a car at me, I think because I went the wrong side of a bollard or something.

Funny seeing (at least) two bicycle shops down every side street though!

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
What a nice bike!!! :wub:
What a weird saddle though, don't the protruding metal bits at the front hurt your erm ... bits?:whistle:
Quite a structure, isn't it? Very comfortable with all the springing, none of that padded shorts malarkey needed, and fortunately I never experienced a tackle/spring interface. :shy: One of my favourite bits was the bell, proper double ring sound. It weighed about the same as my current road bike on it's own though.

OP
OP
mick1836

mick1836

Über Member
During one of my Lesser Spotted Rides here around the lanes of Spain I stopped at a watering hole in a small village called San Felipe de Neri and snapped these, a few €€€'s of bike there?

Super%20Bikes_zps1rpyyqp3.jpg

Loads of Lesser Spooted Bike Riders in Cambridge. They happily coexist with the Lycra (sp.) Clad Cyclists around here.

Talking about Cambridge and all those universities that have loads of foreign students, could the university authorities please send out a phamplet about the seat height. I am tired of stopping new students and adjusting their seat height. Those poor souls riding around in buckled knees. Yes, I have resigned to the fact that I have to carry allen keys.

It's funny you should mention this species. I'm an example of Mamillius Maximus, and having reached full maturity I'm about to shed my skin and metamorphose into a lesser spotted cyclist.

In other words, I'm thinking of getting a Pashley for unhurried local bimbles.

Unhurried is the new 'chain gang' / 'peloton', it's also a term found on errrr 'business' cards in phone boxes.

Top Bottom