The Little People. A Brave New World.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
First chance I've had to have a good look at this thread. I'm so envious of people like you @Scaleyback who have the imagination to create things like these. I could look at the model figures all day but never come up with an idea for how to display them.

It must be tempting to keep buying more and more of them. Though I don't suppose they take up much space to store :smile:

OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
First chance I've had to have a good look at this thread. I'm so envious of people like you @Scaleyback who have the imagination to create things like these. I could look at the model figures all day but never come up with an idea for how to display them.

It must be tempting to keep buying more and more of them. Though I don't suppose they take up much space to store :smile:

Thanks Anne for your nice comments. My wife helps me with ideas, I say " what about this" and we 'discuss' ^_^

Increasingly difficult to buy new figures now, UK stockists only keep a fraction of the Preiser/Noch catalogue. More choice in Germany where
both these makers originate. Sadly p&p can double the UK cost.

Storage ? certainly not a problem currently 2 x 10" x 8" plastic boxes.

i-nHtwjLr.jpg

winjim

Smash the cistern
@Scaleyback I sort of don't want to post this because your scenes are great and I don't want to influence your imagination, but you might find this interesting. There's a guy in Japan doing a similar thing to you but he's currently stuck in quarantine. So he's got his wife to send him some figures and he's making up scenes using only what he can find in his hotel room. The thing is, as he makes each scene he's leaving it in place so the effective size of his room is getting smaller and smaller. I'm not sure that he's even got anywhere left to sleep...

View: https://twitter.com/tanaka_tatsuya/status/1467309600555008003?t=DtfrYhM1wcSGD8By0jHfvA&s=19

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
@Scaleyback I sort of don't want to post this because your scenes are great and I don't want to influence your imagination, but you might find this interesting. There's a guy in Japan doing a similar thing to you but he's currently stuck in quarantine. So he's got his wife to send him some figures and he's making up scenes using only what he can find in his hotel room. The thing is, as he makes each scene he's leaving it in place so the effective size of his room is getting smaller and smaller. I'm not sure that he's even got anywhere left to sleep...

View: https://twitter.com/tanaka_tatsuya/status/1467309600555008003?t=DtfrYhM1wcSGD8By0jHfvA&s=19

Love the one with the smoke alarm 😄

OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran

Influence away 'winjim' help my tired old brain :blush: Yes, someone else made me aware of this guys work. I think he is on a whole different level, certainly to me. Plenty of room for everyone just like cyclists.

Top Bottom