The Little Run About Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I had my little Smart cabro. Ran on fresh air, a cinch to park, free road tax, less than £100 fully comp. I loved it. Just for occasional bimbling at minimal cost and minimal social and environmental impact it was perfect. It left me when I went carless in 2019 and I gave it to my niece who has cerbral palsy and can only drive an auto - a nice little 18th birthday pressie from her Unkie Drago.

Now my XC90 has taken over as my nice little runaround :laugh:

Little it isn't, but you don't use it much.

I can see us using this to get to the shops though. Might give it a run to the caravan too.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

It's coming tomorrow. In process of pre-delivery checks and a service today.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
One of our daughters has a 12 reg Citroen C1 and loves it. She has had it for 2 years now and trouble free. She is a carer so the car is used every day and has never let her down. Good on fuel too and cheap road tax.
Our 2nd car is a C1. It’s great. Tax is nil.
It has a decent touch screen radio, Bluetooth phone, A/C. The mpg is staggering if you drive it sensibly.
I’ve driven it from Kent to Cardiff and back in a day and it was fine.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

It's arrived. Daughter was told, but son was not. He will be using it for work at the moment as he blew his modded car up, and mum and dad can't keep doing the extra commutes (and my office days are supposed to be by bike in my rulz).

He was a bit... Whats the blue car in the drive, me, meet Luigi. Him, where is mum, and where is the Qashqai (it is usually there), she's shopping, meet Luigi, our new addition. Then I say its for our daughter to learn, and also to get him to work without us being taxi whilst his car is off road.

I reccon we could sell this in 12 months for the same amount if we do sell it.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

I do suspect we will commute to work in it though. My car is the big silver thing thats 20 year old and usually lugs 4 bikes to Wales at near legal speeds, but not very fuel efficient:bicycle:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
We've just acquired a little run about. My son's car is off the road (blown the engine) and my daughter is thinking about learning to drive. The intention is to let my son use the car for work (saves us the extra commuting and more higher fuel use) and then teach daughter in it, as well as possibly use it ourselves for commuting as the fuel costs will be tiny.

We've just got a little 60 plate Aygo 'Blue' for all of £2k. Insurance with two youngsters is about £700, tax just £20 p.a. Plan is to keep it for a while, and see what my daughter want's to do once she eventually passes her test. It's having a scrape on the bumper fixed, but otherwise it's in very good condition. Should be ready to collect Tuesday.

Oh and you can get a bike in the back !!

View attachment 618411
I swapped my Dacia Logan with my son for the family Citroen C1. It’s madder than a box of wasps :-)
Oh, and on the Motorway it’s quite the hooligan as long as the road is flat :becool:

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

Our 2nd car is a C1. It’s great. Tax is nil.
It has a decent touch screen radio, Bluetooth phone, A/C. The mpg is staggering if you drive it sensibly.
I’ve driven it from Kent to Cardiff and back in a day and it was fine.
I drove ours from Oxford to the Outer Hebs in one day, and then slept the night in it!

Fab Foodie

Its a bit buzzy isn't it...:crazy:
Oh yeah, but super smooth…70 to 90 is a revelation! Yeah ok, I know….

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

My mum had one for a bit, top of the tree one, but they had a few little niggles which wasn't what you'd expect from a new car - my dad is a mechanic and it had niggles that you really shouldn't have had. They had their Aygo a fair few years, but the lack of use (like my folks did) did not help discs etc. Our Yaris did us for 19 years and its still local.

The platform is built on a budget, but TBH, I can't fault it as a city car. My son nearly fell over when I said ours had electric windows, blue tooth and AIRCON this evening - he was surprised an AYGO got that - his car has loads more but it's 'dead'. :laugh:

I'd not fancy more than 70 TBH, it felt OK, driving it from coming from a car twice the size/weight.:ohmy:

Cavalol

Guru
One of our daughters has a 12 reg Citroen C1 and loves it. She has had it for 2 years now and trouble free. She is a carer so the car is used every day and has never let her down. Good on fuel too and cheap road tax.

Fantastic little cars. Not overly sure lots of motorway driving would be fun, as they're a bit 'buzzy' imho, but as a town/commuter they're very hard to beat. Small, mega cheap to run and enough 'go' if you floor them.

Drago

Legendary Member
They are great cars to thrash about, and with a modicum of care and servicing they're incredibly robust. I always felt that in terms of architecture and character they were the closest thing to being a genuine successor to the original Mini.

Im still not quite sure how it came about, but years ago I somehow ended up as VP for the C1OC (107s and Aygos welcome) so if you need to know anything about those wee scoots then let me know :okay:

CXRAndy

Guru
Citroen C1 is a sh!t car, with 172 grams of C02 pollution per mile (108g/km)

CO Emissions419 mg/km
THC Emissions35 mg/km
NOx Emissions6 mg/km

Euro 4 standard
Total Hydro Carbon (THCs) emissions of no more than 0.10g/km and NOx emissions of 0.08g/km
Euro 4 standard for petrol is 1g/km ! :ohmy:

So over 100 times exceeding limit on C02 alone
75 times exceeding on Nox

T4tomo

Legendary Member
We still have a 12 plate Kia Picanto in the fleet, the last of 3 kids passed her test in the summer. Its Gp 1 insurance and zero road tax and about 60 bhp. been a good un although its getting it clutch replaced as 3 learner drivers and who knows, probably 1 or 2 other before we bought it have take their toll!

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Changed the headlamp side bulbs and number plate bulbs last night as 3 had blown. as I was reaching for the final headlight bulb, the battery cable popped off the battery. Checked it and both were loose, as was the battery - out with a spanner and fashioned a new battery retaining clamp out of spares.

This weekend's job is to give the underside a good jet wash, then take all the wheels off and coat all the suspension with aquasteel anti rust ! Although the weather forecast may stop that.

Top Bottom