The Logan's Run thread (and other 70's SciFi....)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
"And my favourite Charlton Heston fillum of all time, the Omega Man"

Remade as I am Legend I do believe.

There's a story going around that Doug Trumbull filmed the SFX of Saturn originally for 2001 but the story switched it to Jupiter and so the footage was never used, eventually making it's way into Silent Running.

OP
OP
simon the viking
The idea of the Sandmen has always stuck with me as has the whole concept of such a dystopic society. The other one from a similar era that stuck with me was Soylent Green, all classic Sci-fi concepts.

Been informed by a colleague at work that soylent green is also on syfy channel sometime in the next week . I'll have to find when its on and record as not seen it

OP
OP
simon the viking
"And my favourite Charlton Heston fillum of all time, the Omega Man"

Remade as I am Legend I do believe.

There's a story going around that Doug Trumbull filmed the SFX of Saturn originally for 2001 but the story switched it to Jupiter and so the footage was never used, eventually making it's way into Silent Running.

And omega man is on in next week as well on syfy

Edit... now at home and checking guide Omega Man monday 3rd and Soylent Green Wednesday 5th

Edited edit Omega man is a remake of Last man on earth with Vincent Price which was from the source novel I am Legend by Richard Matheson (who also wrote both the original book and script of Somewhere in Time with Christopher Reeve)

Last edited:
Top Bottom