The lovely Liesl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I'm going to TRY to post a picture of my lovely little Thorn XTC...but my technical abilities may be lacking.

94413058@N00

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Oh well, I posted a link to a photo of Liesl...you'll just have to click through.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Woo-Hoo :biggrin:

So do I now, and as above, very nice!

Wow, they're some serious panniers. I think your bike has more luggage capacity than my car (tries to push hard to get any "I now need a touring bike" thoughts out of mind)

jags

Guru
cathryn.
great looking bike,im building up my new sherpa,
hope to have it on the road in january,,
what gpoopset and wheels did you go for ,,

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Aw thanks. I adore this bike, so anyone saying she's cute makes my day!!! I love the fact she's a Thorn as well - a good, solid British brand. I've found that people who know a bit about bikes get quite nostalgic about Thorns, there's a lot of goodwill towards them.

The panniers are only Halfords' best, which, with a bin liner inside have done us proud, topped off by a rack top bag, which just velcro's on. Lots of space for shoes though ;)

Jags, I have to admit I bought Liesl second hand and the lady I bought her from was a much more knowledgable cyclist than I am. I believe I have mavic wheels on which I've just put Spesh Armadillo tyres. Hanging my head in shame, I'm not ENTIRELY sure what an groupset is (don't chuck me out of the forum) but if you mean the gear systems it's ultegra.

If that doesn't answer your questions, let me know and I shall go and have a look in the garage. I don't think someone with my limited knowledge deserves such a lovely little bike...but they'll have to catch me first!!

Brock

Cathryn said:
..The panniers are only Halfords' best, which, with a bin liner inside have done us proud..

Exactly what I use. Cheap, reliable, convenient panniers at a bargain price, and as waterproof as anything when coupled with a refuse sack.

Flat pedals Cathryn?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Don't be, clipless pedals are awesome. So many cyclists make them out to be mountains, but they're really very straightforward and easy to use.

jags

Guru
thanks cathryn,
you were dead lucky to come across a bike like that ,
ultegra is excellent,
dont be scared of clipless pedals ,,
there the best ,much more safe to use..

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Brock, you're very funny. I wish I could say yes, but I did mean if a car hit me or I ran into something!! But I'm still laughing at the thought of me and Liesl flying.

I will try clipless, I promise. I've spent this summer getting used to drop handlebars...I know I need to try clipless....

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cathryn said:
Brock, you're very funny. I wish I could say yes, but I did mean if a car hit me or I ran into something!! But I'm still laughing at the thought of me and Liesl flying.

I will try clipless, I promise. I've spent this summer getting used to drop handlebars...I know I need to try clipless....

Try them when YOU want to! Plenty of peope have managed very well without them, for years and years... Don't feel you have to have them to be a proper cyclist. And don't worry about not knowing what your components are of hand. I haven't a clue. It only matters when you come to need a part or replacement, and then you look and make a note.

Flying would be cool though....;)

Top Bottom