The Lowest flyby ever???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
spesh said:
I'll see your bowing to the crowd and raise you the "Kulbit" back-flip!

Oh.

My.

God!;)

As someone who's only just got used to seeing planes do stall turns at the top of a vertical climb, I'd be convinced it was going to crash every time!

gbb

Legendary Member
Arch;34906][QUOTE=terry huckle said:
This one always raises a smile...a couple of squaddies by the airfield fence and a Harrier pilot.

And I like the fact that judging from the comments, someone didn't think Harriers actually existed.

Actually my 'favourite' Harrier trick is when they come up from behind a line of trees or something, very slowly and stealthily, and then blast forwards over you...
And that thing they do at airshows, bowing to the crowd...[/QUOTE]

Awww this brings back memories :angry:
As a kid living on an inactive airfield in the early 70s (RAF Syerston near Newark...anyone know it ??), it used to be used for millitary exercises every once in a while.
My bedroom used to overlook the perimeter about 500 yards away...one morning i get woken to a howling screaming mental moise like i never heard before :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
Leap to the bedroom window......theres a Harrier, hovering just on the treetops...500 yards or so from my bedroom. Yesssssssssssss ;):tongue::tongue:....the thing kids dreams are made of.

We used to cycle along the runway..actually we used to get everywhere, avoiding the MPs who used to show up once in a while and chase us off :ohmy:... so cycling along the runway...the Chipmunk trainers used to buzz us as they did dummy landing runs on the same runway.....awesome :angry::biggrin::biggrin:..great memories.

yenrod

Melvil said:
Whilst messing about on youtube I came across this little corker...a guy standing outside an airbase watching A-10s take off:

Now, please feel free to calculate the exact moment you'd be filling your pants! :ohmy:

Oh I luv 'airies' - got told I was a pilot in the 2nd world war once by a psychic :ohmy:

The A10 is a slow plance but HIGHLY manouverable ! ;)

Top Bottom