The men's dress style thread..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grldtnr

What a ghastly clog!
Any one whom has the gall to wear such hideous footwear, is a cad & a bounder!
In my opinion , anyone who wishes to display clothing with ostentatious display of being a complete charlatan, by wearing the colours of the country's flag in such manner deserves my contempt.
We are British, and gentlemen should neverdescrnd to such oikish behaviour.
Leave that to the Americans.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What a ghastly clog!
Any one whom has the gall to wear such hideous footwear, is a cad & a bounder!
In my opinion , anyone who wishes to display clothing with ostentatious display of being a complete charlatan, by wearing the colours of the country's flag in such manner deserves my contempt.
We are British, and gentlemen should neverdescrnd to such oikish behaviour.
Leave that to the Americans.

I might've worn them or similar, in my going through another mod type phase (must've been my 5th one at least!:rolleyes:) about 5/6 years ago, but definitely not these days! When you reach 60, like I did 3 years ago, you look daft in mod clothing, unless it's subtle and not union jack/parka stuff orientated. I see men and women in their 50's and 60's, even their 70's wearing stuff they used to wear in their teens, 20's and 30's. :ohmy: Grandmas in Mary Quant style clothing, with those white zip up plastic 1960's boots and Dusty Springfield hairdos is er slightly cringeworthy I'd say :rolleyes:

Last edited:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
😱
IMG_20240331_142644.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The retro clothing shop's owner I work in, yesterday when asked which he preferred said the 'cream' one. Though, quote...You might not wear it as much as the darker one due to fear of getting marks on it. He's right, but like him I do slightly prefer the 'cream' one. 🤔

View attachment 724468

View attachment 724469

I bought the cream or beige, or 'sand' suit yesterday with 15 percent/£106.50 off, after asking for a discount after I bought my last suit off them to see they'd knocked 15 percent off the following day. As you can probably see I ordered the trousers in a 34 inch waist. I'm now nearly a 33 inch waist, so even though a 32 inch waist is still comfortable I thought a bit more room would be better on warmer days and I have to think about possible forthcoming middle age spread as I hope to wear this suit, like my other two Cordings suits (both also with a 34 inch waist) for many years to come.

TuFa7IAvQJc6oLfp7WnojsLKEU&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

nc_ohc=NT7SJvEi-2kAb4o3Lbh&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm now nearly a 33 inch waist, so even though a 32 inch waist is still comfortable I thought a bit more room would be better on warmer days
I should've mentioned that with most Cordings trousers being made for braces/suspender use, like the ones with the above suit, unlike with wearing belts the waistband isn't close to the body as it would be with a tight belt, therefore allowing more air flow.🧐

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It just make me think Hi-de-Hi! :rolleyes:or the greeter on the door, they used to employ at ASDA. :whistle:

jk734-blury-loc-4_1-jpg.jpg

It seems that the royal blue jacket I saw as more of a uniform than a summer suit has sold out! I'm thinking men were buying it to wear with beige/off white trousers, rather than with the matching waistcoat and trousers 'uniform' look. Even so, the jacket sold out very fast. I noticed the sizes disappearing soon after the various colour linen jackets came on sale. The other four are still available in most sizes, yet the 'in one's face electric blue' one seems so popular. :unsure: 🧐 🤔

https://www.cordings.co.uk/sand-bambridge-linen-jacket.html

Last edited:

grldtnr

Reminds you when you married Mrs.Drago does it?
Turn it off Accy , it offends my eyes!
Taliban fashion police.

Drago

Legendary Member
And the lout is unshaven! Either grow a beard, or be clean shaven. This lady git stubble look is horrible.

Still, at least he's wearing a tie, even if he did steal it from Rupert the Bear.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Reminds you when you married Mrs.Drago does it?
Turn it off Accy , it offends my eyes!
Taliban fashion police.

They only have the waistcoats in that colour left. Crazy that both the jacket and trousers have sold out! Every time I look at that pic'.....

jk734-blury-loc-4_1-jpg-jpg.jpg

I see a name badge on the left hand breast, or a white carnation in the lapel button hole.

Top Bottom