The men's dress style thread..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I'm currently at some indeterminate point through an enormous mid-life crisis and as such have a new-found interest in dressing "well"; having been exclusively a "T-shirt and combats" kind of bloke for as long as I can remember.

As such (and being one four-pack of Kronies deep currently) I'm intrigued to hear of what all you blokes like to wear - and of course what the ladies like to see us in ;)

I'm currently flying high having sourced a couple of pretty nice charity shop suits and discovered the virtues of a decent shirt and suit jacket with casual trousers.. although I think the chinos were a step too far and I'll be looking out for some decent black jeans. I'm now looking for a decent dress-coat (probably something vintage and wool but that's as far as I've got) as well as a decent turtle-neck jumper and some other bits.

So please - shower me with you style tips, preferences and planned purchase - and if you have the spuds by all means post some photos ;)

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I tend to go to extremes - either slopping around in Primark joggers and t shirts at home, or dressing like a country gentleman - Barbour jacket, expensive shoes, quality jeans/cords and shirts when going out.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Paging @Accy cyclist! Ha ha - beaten twice while typing this! :laugh:

My school made me wear a uniform until I was 18.5 years old and wouldn't even let me take my tie off in mid-summer. My reaction to that control freakery was to become a total clothing slob once I left and I have proudly stayed that way ever since. I bought a cheap suit for my dad's funeral , kept it until my mum's, and wore it to a couple of weddings in between. After that I gave it to a charity shop and have no intention of ever wearing anything to make an impression again.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I generally wear "work clothes" and am often mistaken for a gardener or wino or similar. That said, on the odd occasion I do enjoy making a bit of effort, most of my shirts come from charity shops though.

stephec

Legendary Member
If you want to look smart you could always go 1940s style.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I tend to look smart for work; suit and shirt but no tie. The jacket's rarely worn though. I do tend to wear designer-label shirts/suits however.

Outside of work it's jeans/trousers but with the same designer-label T-shirts/shirts and a decent pair of shoes.

Having been rotund, and now not, I decided to dress a bit more stylishly when I lost weight and needed a new wardrobe.

Top Bottom