The men's dress style thread..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
I’m a Levi’s, hoodie and Adidas kind of chap, I’ve dressed smartly for work for almost 40 years so I tend to be a bit of a scruff outside of work.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I stear clear of new jeans, even stone washed, as they stain my car seats (beige). Must say, walking trousers will do for me now. Tough, comfy...

roley poley

Über Member
I think you can wear your everyday clothes whatever they are, the only deciding factor for me is seam comfort in the saddle /bum area the thicker seams on jeans cause me discomfort

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
This may help from your title...

https://thebookofman.com/body/style/dresses-for-men/

I went through a fleece and cargo phase but my wife to be insisted on a change. Gap chinos, decent shirt and jumper, suede boots, blue sports jacket and a wool coat in winter. White cotton t shirt ( grey around the house).
I still utility it up on bike rides and for gardening/DIY.
The real bone of contention is my backpack. Not Permitted!

tyred

Legendary Member
You can't beat a Fair Isle pullover :becool:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sad to report that I went to a pub/bar last night and I was the only bloke in there wearing a collar never mind the tie! Puffer jackets, t-shirts, torn jeans:ohmy:, trainers etc in abundance and these were mostly men above 50! I even spotted what looked like a 60 odd year old bloke wearing ripped knee cap, stonewash jeans, believe it or not?!🧐 I was also the only one wearing head wear. I remember Christmas and New Year's eves when the men wore suits, sports jackets and smart navy jeans, white collar and ties etc. No one seems to bother now! Having said that maybe it's the pubs/bars I frequent.🤔 No, I don't think it is. I see newspaper pictures of pubs/bars etc all over Britain and most seem to dress this way.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Sad to report that I went to a pub/bar last night and I was the only bloke in there wearing a collar never mind the tie! Puffer jackets, t-shirts, torn jeans:ohmy:, trainers etc in abundance and these were mostly men above 50! I even spotted what looked like a 60 odd year old bloke wearing ripped knee cap, stonewash jeans, believe it or not?!🧐 I was also the only one wearing head wear. I remember Christmas and New Year's eves when the men wore suits, sports jackets and smart navy jeans, white collar and ties etc. No one seems to bother now! Having said that maybe it's the pubs/bars I frequent.🤔 No, I don't think it is. I see newspaper pictures of pubs/bars etc all over Britain and most seem to dress this way.
I remember being in a Bar wearing £50 Wranglers, £90 Cowboy Boots and a £200 'lancer style' Leather jacket (probably had a T-shirt and socks too) and some arse in a £40 C&A suit called me scruffy .I'd probably spent more on my clothes than he'd spent on his Car.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I remember being in a Bar wearing £50 Wranglers, £90 Cowboy Boots and a £200 'lancer style' Leather jacket (probably had a T-shirt and socks too) and some arse in a £40 C&A suit called me scruffy .I'd probably spent more on my clothes than he'd spent on his Car.
This makes me think of 🤔

You've got to watch it from/after 2 mins 20 seconds to get the full affect! :okay:

pjd57

Veteran
Usually skinny jeans , as I am a skinny old guy.
Normal straight jeans or chinos just look horrendous on me.
Top half it's a tee shirt or a smart shirt , depending on the occasion.
Other than that it's full kit lycra most of the time.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Army surplus and hippy type tops, t shirts mostly with necks cut out and sleeves cut off. Luckily I've never owned or worn a suit. I do love 40's fashion though but don't wear it. Looking this evening my oldest t shirt is a 1980 tour shirt that is still worn at times.

Top Bottom