The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Failed 85km into 110km . Puncture and tyre too hard to get off, realised I had wrong size inner tube (23 for a 32), incompetence on the pump/canister front. general incompetence and had to make call of shame, luckily the OH had just walked through door from golf and came and got me. Other than that a very nice social Christmas ride round Somerset levels. So I have to try again, at least the 50km challenge is done!

Last edited:

GuyBoden

Guru
Due to a recurring ankle injury, I won't be able to complete a Dec 100km ride, I've been told not to over strain my ankle, so that is only 57 rides for me in this year's challenge.

Obviously, this means that I won't be competing in the 2019 challenge. :cry:

Happy Cycling 2019. ^_^

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Due to a recurring ankle injury, I won't be able to complete a Dec 100km ride, I've been told not to over strain my ankle, so that is only 57 rides for me in this year's challenge.

Happy Cycling 2019. ^_^

Can't give that a like, but @13 rider is right, long term is more important, and it's only a silly internet challenge (I've told myself that a few times this year....)

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

Happy Cycling 2019. ^_^
After the rides you had accomplished, I'm so sorry for you.
Even if you can't do the MCAM challenge there is @ColinJ 's lunancy one and your circumstances sound like one of those for whom the challenge was made for.

Katherine

Guru

Happy Cycling 2019. ^_^
Sorry to hear that.
Hope you will be back on the bike soon!

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel

Happy Cycling 2019. ^_^
Gutted for you @GuyBoden. Wiped the floor with most of us, only to fall at the last. Let's hope you recover before the end of January and get back in the game. Excellent effort, 57 tons in a year. Chapeau.

Fiona R

Done. An ethically lumpy 108km on Saturday, the weather wasn't as nice as it should have been but good to finish the year on a high. Only 11/12 with Feb down but honour done. Noble OH came too, he hadn't ridden in months, and the hills were in the loop over Mendip and in Radstock area, through Jack and Jill's Village Kilminster then home via Two Tunnels and B2B railway path. Except the bike path south of the Two Tunnels was shut for "shooting" so another dastardly hill at Wellow added in. Went out and got the mtb muddy yesterday too!

Fiona R

I'm not wholly sure that 'unethically lumpy' is a thing :scratch: Unethically flat is perhaps. That looked like a rather good route and appropriately lumpy - then again, it is late December!

Good luck next year. In fact, good luck next year to everyone having a go a the Metric Century a Month Challenge :smile:
Yeah ethically lumpy means honour done, not just an unethically flat one. Yes I know all of yours are lumpy to the moon and back!

StuartG

slower but further
Yeah ethically lumpy means honour done, not just an unethically flat one.
Bah! Hills are a waste of space. I follow the traditions of our most glorious Victorian railway engineers (well - their lines or river valleys) to actually get somewhere without sounding like an old Pate with a leaking cylinder.

Does that mean I should replace my stars with a tarnished variant?

Top Bottom