The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
21st March and I've been on my bike twice since February's 100km ride :ohmy:. Physio has warned me against any non-sensible cycling (open to some liberal interpretation I think) due to an on-going hip problem.
Between that and the weather (west of Scotland missed out on the nice spell everyone else seemed to get) I have been struggling. Only 10 days left to pull something out of the hat, but I am doubtful. :sad:

Sunday looks like the best day this weekend, surely a steady 100k doesn't count as "non-sensible"??

I went for another 100k last Saturday (half club run/half solo) wind was an absolute killer heading West on the last leg so I took the shortest route home possible and finished at 91k - after 5 minutes in the house I considered going back out and finding 9k from somewhere, but then decided I was just being stupid...

100 MILE club run scheduled for this Sunday, approaching it with some trepedation I must say.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Sunday looks like the best day this weekend, surely a steady 100k doesn't count as "non-sensible"??

I went for another 100k last Saturday (half club run/half solo) wind was an absolute killer heading West on the last leg so I took the shortest route home possible and finished at 91k - after 5 minutes in the house I considered going back out and finding 9k from somewhere, but then decided I was just being stupid...

100 MILE club run scheduled for this Sunday, approaching it with some trepedation I must say.

There's nothing to say that the 100km cannot be wind assisted :whistle:. By my liberal interpretation, 100km from somewhere in the west, to somewhere in the east, with the current strong westerly wind, counts as "sensible". I could always give it a try and see how I get on.
Plan B is to wait and see how the hip is tomorrow and turn up at @Telemark 's ride (sorry for all the indecision T, story of my life!), and extend it by 12 miles at the end if I'm up to it.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
There's nothing to say that the 100km cannot be wind assisted :whistle:. By my liberal interpretation, 100km from somewhere in the west, to somewhere in the east, with the current strong westerly wind, counts as "sensible". I could always give it a try and see how I get on.
Plan B is to wait and see how the hip is tomorrow and turn up at @Telemark 's ride (sorry for all the indecision T, story of my life!), and extend it by 12 miles at the end if I'm up to it.

Not to worry, just post on here before 10:00 and let me know! Will also PM you my mobile number so you can get in touch if you make it ... alternatively you could just ride to Edinburgh and meet us for tea and food (HJ might be around from mid-afternoon to let you into the house if we are late, or the wind blows you across faster than expected :thumbsup:)

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Not to worry, just post on here before 10:00 and let me know! Will also PM you my mobile number so you can get in touch if you make it ... alternatively you could just ride to Edinburgh and meet us for tea and food (HJ might be around from mid-afternoon to let you into the house if we are late, or the wind blows you across faster than expected :thumbsup:)

T
@Brandane - just tried to PM you, it says 'you may not start a conversation with Brandane'
Have you turned your e-mail off or something?

T

Brandane

Legendary Member

T
What I meant was to drive through and meet as arranged, 10:30 at the Commie pool, and join the ride from there, maybe add on the extra miles at the end to make the 100km.. So if I am not there in the morning, don't wait.
The west to east thing is an alternative plan for another time, if I still need to get the 100 km ride in before the end of March.

Fubar

Guru
What I meant was to drive through and meet as arranged, 10:30 at the Commie pool, and join the ride from there, maybe add on the extra miles at the end to make the 100km.. So if I am not there in the morning, don't wait.
The west to east thing is an alternative plan for another time, if I still need to get the 100 km ride in before the end of March.

Did you get the 100k in on Saturday??

Fubar

Guru
Can I ask, what is (if one exists) the accepted way to update your rides in the 100k Challenge thread?

For example, I just edit my original post however I think some people are re-posting their stats after each ride, which has the advantage on adding an updated post at the end of the thread - is it fine to do that? Don't want to break the rules... :thumbsup:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Can I ask, what is (if one exists) the accepted way to update your rides in the 100k Challenge thread?

For example, I just edit my original post however I think some people are re-posting their stats after each ride, which has the advantage on adding an updated post at the end of the thread - is it fine to do that? Don't want to break the rules... :thumbsup:

Yes it is fine

Fubar

Guru
Another 100 miler yesterday (2 Sunday's in a row now), felt better yesterday than the Sunday before, just a pity it wasn't 1 April for the 100k! Hopefully it shouldn't be a problem getting them in for the next few months.

Top Bottom