The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Good work ... but what an eccentric route, if you don't mind me saying.
I know! My excuse is that I am a foreigner. This post might go some way to explaining it. I was having something of a nostalgia trip at times, and even managed to find the office where my very first employers were based (P&O shipping line, who were at Beaufort House, St. Botolph Street, back then). I was only ever there for an interview at the tender age of 15, then a one day induction course (mainly about the dangers of ladies in far off lands :laugh:)..

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
@Brandane , next time you are down here in the smoke, let us know and am sure a good gaggle of London based CC'ers would be more then happy to meet up, ride and show you some more sights of London.

Brandane

Legendary Member
@Brandane , next time you are down here in the smoke, let us know and am sure a good gaggle of London based CC'ers would be more then happy to meet up, ride and show you some more sights of London.
Will do, thanks! Don't tend to visit very often though, maybe once every 2 years or so; or passing through when catching train connections en route to France .... might leave some extra time for that next time, which will hopefully be about June.

well for my 2nd ride on my new bike I had planned an 85km ride but it turned into a 105km ride... Possibly not the most sensible of distances for a 2nd ride on a new bike but 49 strava cups tells me we should be good friends... Just need to sort the bar tape (i.e replace with some spesh phat gel tape) and get some 8 degree wedges for the sti levers and we will be sorted!
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.8938/page-76post-3039326

Thanks Ian, but it's good I stopped when I did. 100km is usually not that far for me, but I've now got several cold sores (always a sign of a depressed immune system for me) and an emphysemic cough; another 30 odd km might have killed me.

(the app that kept running my entire trip - after strava stopped several times - reported my distance as I arrived on the platform at 99.95 km. I walked up the platform as the train pulled in to add the extra 50metres. Luckily strava's calcs are slightly different, so when I uploaded the gpx, it was safely over the 100km)

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Is this strictly calendar year? I've done 100ks in Jan Mar, April so far but missed Feb. Do I have to wait til next year or could I start as of March?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Is this strictly calendar year? I've done 100ks in Jan Mar, April so far but missed Feb. Do I have to wait til next year or could I start as of March?

It is a January start but nothing stopping you log your rides.
The Imperial century challenge however.....................

Top Bottom