The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
... Is what? Stricter or less strict?

Stricter...

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Left it late again this month, today was the last chance! Must try and get them done earlier in the month.

We should have another metric hundred per month challenge, were you get points that equal the day of the month you complete your first ride of the month, one ride a month to count only. I suspect you would get the highest points for the year.

Brandane

Legendary Member
We should have another metric hundred per month challenge, were you get points that equal the day of the month you complete your first ride of the month, one ride a month to count only. I suspect you would get the highest points for the year.
Don't know what happened in February, managed a century on the 16th :ohmy:, must have had too much energy that month. The others are 27th, 28th and 30th! :thumbsup:

Managed to get the ride in in very good time this month... 102.6km not to mention that I did 3 hrs of gardening in the middle of it (why do I make life so easy for myself?:wacko:) and did Halmer End & Alsager's Bank (about the only things away from the Pennies that you can really climb around Newcastle-Under-Lyme) at a respectable time.... average exactly 20.0kph for the entire thing - good for me on a solo ride with 2 panniers! Knackered now and covered in freckles as well as being bright red despite the sunscreen! hope I sleep tonight, I have that 70km commute of mine tomorrow, to do some more gardening... this time for my parents rather than my grandfather!

Oh and that new bike of mine, pour thing... it is less than 4 weeks old and has done nearly 600 miles already. Hope there is not a maximum mileage on the free 6 week service! :biggrin: Mine will be well on the way to 900 miles by then - don't think it will quite make the 1,000 miles before the service though! Oh well...

My OH has decided he wants to complete a +100km ride today :eek:... that will make my 2nd since Thursday... He made no mention of this on Thursday when I was planning the cycle ride over to my Grandfather's.

I think I might just be a touch slower today and as for tomorrows 2*22 mile commute :wacko: snail's pace springs to mind!

david k

Hi
Any stories to share ... route, climbs, snacks?
Oh yes sorry.

Did a sportive which was meant to be 77 miles, we downloaded the gps route and followed it. After 10 miles we hadnt seen anyone despite there being a few hundred at the start?? We started to think we were following the wrong route, no marshals no sign etc. We did see a few others who told us we were doing it right, at the halfway feed point it was full, so we realised and it was confirmed that they had made an error with the gps route grrrrrrr....

We finished much later than planned and did 88 miles with an extra 500ft of climbing, actually just over 4000ft

Very tired as you may imagine for a 17 stone second row forward lol

jayonabike