The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I'm glad I got July's in at the beginning of the month, as I haven't been out for the last 2 weekends due to a bad back. It doesn't seem to be getting any better, being sat on the sofa in a heat wave is no fun!
Next weekend it's my sons birthday so that weekend is out also.

Fubar

Guru
On our upcoming CC Ecosse trip to Islay IF I ride 100k in one day but separated by ferry rides would that still could towards my total? Doesn't make any difference overall as bagged 2 for August but would be nice to count another this weekend - unlikely to happen in one continuous ride though so would influence whether I log them as separate rides or total daily mileage. Thoughts?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE="Fubar, post: 3224590, member: 17944"]On our upcoming CC Ecosse trip to Islay IF I ride 100k in one day but separated by ferry rides would that still could towards my total? Doesn't make any difference overall as bagged 2 for August but would be nice to count another this weekend - unlikely to happen in one continuous ride though so would influence whether I log them as separate rides or total daily mileage. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Yes,

Fubar

Guru
[QUOTE="Fubar, post: 3224590, member: 17944"]On our upcoming CC Ecosse trip to Islay IF I ride 100k in one day but separated by ferry rides would that still could towards my total? Doesn't make any difference overall as bagged 2 for August but would be nice to count another this weekend - unlikely to happen in one continuous ride though so would influence whether I log them as separate rides or total daily mileage. Thoughts?

Yes,[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks!

Fubar

Guru
Well this challenge has officially driven me :crazy: - Day 1 of CC Ecosse Island Adventure tour I took the long way round Arran on a loaded touring bike to get another 100k in (that I had no need to as already completed 2 in August), get to Lochranza accommodation at 96k so turn around to cycle 2.5k back to make sure I take it over the 100! To make it worse I forgot to restart my Garmin, though thankfully only lost about 1k. I didn't even think to take the panniers off before doing the extra! :wacko:

Still, the small pleasure of updating the thread with another 100k more than makes up for it, I think... :unsure:

Well this challenge has officially driven me :crazy: - Day 1 of CC Ecosse Island Adventure tour I took the long way round Arran on a loaded touring bike to get another 100k in (that I had no need to as already completed 2 in August), get to Lochranza accommodation at 96k so turn around to cycle 2.5k back to make sure I take it over the 100! To make it worse I forgot to restart my Garmin, though thankfully only lost about 1k. I didn't even think to take the panniers off before doing the extra! :wacko:

Still, the small pleasure of updating the thread with another 100k more than makes up for it, I think... :unsure:
you and me both :laugh: but we had to go the wrong way for 4.5km to make sure we got over the 100km mark (on Sunday), starts looking around for the men in white coats at the door...
We did the route you took on Arran when we went out on our aborted world tour - but camped at the campsite a little further on. My OH still does not believe me that it exists - we spent the entire time in low cloud and never saw a thing! I do remember a bus stop that was the back off a luton van or horse box (can't quite remember which now) that we were very happy to see for shelter to stop for lunch during the torrential rain we had...

Fubar

Guru
you and me both :laugh: but we had to go the wrong way for 4.5km to make sure we got over the 100km mark (on Sunday), starts looking around for the men in white coats at the door...
We did the route you took on Arran when we went out on our aborted world tour - but camped at the campsite a little further on. My OH still does not believe me that it exists - we spent the entire time in low cloud and never saw a thing! I do remember a bus stop that was the back off a luton van or horse box (can't quite remember which now) that we were very happy to see for shelter to stop for lunch during the torrential rain we had...

Campsite is definitely there, we walked past it going to dinner at the distillery - the golf course next door was covered by the local red deer herd who regularly invade Lochranza and make a menace of themselves!

Campsite is definitely there, we walked past it going to dinner at the distillery - the golf course next door was covered by the local red deer herd who regularly invade Lochranza and make a menace of themselves!
when we were talking with the owners of the campsite, they had also done something similar, - they sold everything they had, set off in kayaks (iirc) to kayak around the coast of the UK, got as far as Lochranza and fell in love with it - the campsite was apparently for sale when they arrived, so they bought it...

IMG_1180_1024.JPG

Would be nice to get back there - I have fond childhood memories of Lochranza and would love for my OH to actually see some of it. When we left the weather was that bad that it was the only ferry we every got wet on whilst getting off the ferry... the waves were swamping the ramp and timing was everything and there was no hope of cycling off that ferry!

Fubar

Guru
Need an adjudication from you good people - clocked a 100k again today but my Garmin died at 99.6k (see here - Speed and HR still moving, as was I) so not sure if it will still count. If you're happy to take my word for it I'll happily count it!

It pegged out as I entered my estate so I did what I always do anyway and cycled round twice to get it to 101k - and I would never finish a ride at 99.6k with 100 up for grabs!

Need an adjudication from you good people - clocked a 100k again today but my Garmin died at 99.6k (see here - Speed and HR still moving, as was I) so not sure if it will still count. If you're happy to take my word for it I'll happily count it!

It pegged out as I entered my estate so I did what I always do anyway and cycled round twice to get it to 101k - and I would never finish a ride at 99.6k with 100 up for grabs!
looks like the start and end are more than 400m apart to me! :biggrin:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Of course it counts you daft bugger. :tongue:

Top Bottom