The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Yes. I'm doing them separately. As people have said above. But if I have a bad month I will double count rather than drop out.

I'm also doing the Year Century Challenge on Strava (I'm Beet Root there) so todays ride was actually an imperial ton to go to that as well.

What is the Year Century Challenge? EDIT - found it

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
Well into month 2 now folks. 20 starters, 18 riders left after January, and unless I've missed it awaiting qualifying ride reports from @Dogtrousers @Elybazza61 @13 rider @steverob

Did my 100km today, but had to borrow a bike from @Sbudge to do it, as mine is in for repair at the LBS. My fault for leaving it so late in the month I suppose. Will post ride details in the proper thread in a few minutes.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
All updated. That was hilly. 2,179m (according to RidewithGPS - my preferred method) Started out into a very brisk headwind, turned around half way and before I could really start to appreciate the tailwind I hit the hills. I did a new (to me) hill - the B2026 from the South into Ashdown Forest. Probably the nearest thing to an alpine pass in this neck of the woods - over 6km of continuous climb. Not terribly steep, generally about 4%, but it went on ... and on ... and on.

My Garmin Oregon died, which just goes to show that Modern Things are Rubbish. Fortunately I had a steam-powered old fashioned Garmin 60 CSx in my saddlebag to carry on recording.

Edit: Before you antigarministas jump on this. The Oregon didn't die. The batteries ran out and I replaced the dead batteries with some more duds.

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Still in :becool: report and challenge update to follow . 100km done in the company of @Supersuperleeds and @tallliman some of it into a brutal headwind

Told you I would drag you round it :tongue:

Did my 100km today, but had to borrow a bike from @Sbudge to do it, as mine is in for repair at the LBS. My fault for leaving it so late in the month I suppose. Will post ride details in the proper thread in a few minutes.

Much Kudos to Steve for doing a century ride 'cold' on someone else's bike and brand new pedals. He even did a bunch of PRs...some into a 20mph headwind.

Yes. I'm doing them separately. As people have said above. But if I have a bad month I will double count rather than drop out.

I'm also doing the Year Century Challenge on Strava (I'm Beet Root there) so todays ride was actually an imperial ton to go to that as well.

I'm doing the same with the 50km and 100km challenges, so if I miss a 50 but do multiple 100s in a month I'll post one of them there instead (like this month).

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Oooh, just noticed a new contender appear on the ride thread @Cranky Knee Girl :hello:
Well I flogged my way throught the Strava Gran Fondos last year, and hear you don't get a cloth badge anymore. Still sulking. I only did it for the badge to sew on my hat! Am I too late for a 2016 star? :whistle:

Now I have found this Metric Century Challenge, after wondering what the stars were in others' signatures, and as I seem to be carrying on by default, I'm declaring!

Got to keep this cranky knee going after my epic challenging myself year last year.

Top Bottom