The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Might be worth getting a mod to lock one!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
OK, I found it.
A place to discuss entries in the https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/the-2017-metric-century-100km-a-month-challenge.211917/

Photo's, issues and general all round pat on the backs welcomed, especially for us that are having a go at this one for the first time...

Oh, would be nice to reply if you're putting your name in the frame for this years challenge, so one can keep track. I'll start:smile: (Bracket month indicates challenge ride completed & logged on the thread).
20 starters.

@cosmicbike (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Sea of vapours (Jan/Feb/Feb/Apr)
@Dogtrousers (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@ColinJ (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Donger (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Milkfloat (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Lilliburlero (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@steverob (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Rickshaw Phil (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Osprey (Jan/Feb/Mar)
@Elybazza61 (Jan/Feb/Mar)
@GuyBoden (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Goonerobes (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Ajax Bay (Jan/Feb/Mar)
@tallliman (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Sbudge (Jan/Feb/Mar)
@StuartG (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@13 rider (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Cranky Knee Girl (Jan/Feb/Mar)

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Oh, would be nice to reply if you're putting your name in the frame for this years challenge, so one can keep track. I'll start:smile: (Bracket month indicates challenge ride completed & logged on the thread).
20 starters.

@cosmicbike (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Sea of vapours (Jan/Feb/Feb/Apr)
@Dogtrousers (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@ColinJ (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Donger (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Milkfloat (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Lilliburlero (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@steverob (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Rickshaw Phil (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Osprey (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Elybazza61 (Jan/Feb/Mar)
@GuyBoden (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Goonerobes (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Ajax Bay (Jan/Feb/Mar)
@tallliman (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Sbudge (Jan/Feb/Mar)
@StuartG (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@13 rider (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Cranky Knee Girl (Jan/Feb/Mar)

OK, so "Evil Sod of the Month" in April goes to whoever did the route maps for the Ridgeway Rouleur Sportive. The course itself was lovely but the promised 2000ft of climbing was actually very nearly 4000ft. Now I normally love the hills but on this occasion I set out much faster than I otherwise would to go for a fast average pace. Net result was I turned in a good time but was completely exhausted by the end.

13 rider

Guru
OK, so "Evil Sod of the Month" in April goes to whoever did the route maps for the Ridgeway Rouleur Sportive. The course itself was lovely but the promised 2000ft of climbing was actually very nearly 4000ft. Now I normally love the hills but on this occasion I set out much faster than I otherwise would to go for a fast average pace. Net result was I turned in a good time but was completely exhausted by the end.
Ride organisers are sadists and always back load the climbs as your elevation shows but you think they could get the elevation about right .

Top Bottom