The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Doing the metric ton but also the 50m/km challenge as insurance as I did on 2016. As above I'm not cross posting rides. Fingers crossed for a warm December!
Same for me. I've done, unusually, 2 metric centuries this month but am keen not to use one of them for the metric half attempt, so need to get out this week whilst I've got a few days off.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
It's the century or nothing for me. I've done a couple of spare ones, just to lose the reputation of being that guy who just scrapes over the line with the minimum 12 rides every year. If I'm due to do an epic ride near the end of a month, it is quite nice to get a qualifying ride in early to get one in the bank. Hope to do 15 to 18 of them in all this year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm keeping my 50 km and 50 mile rides in the other challenge and my 100+ km rides in this one.

I'd love to have a go at the imperial century a month but don't fancy long hilly rides in the winter. I would have to do repeated tedious trips up and down the local valley A-roads to get 100 miles in without significant hills.

Ride organisers are sadists and always back load the climbs ...
:blush:

Profile of my forum ride yesterday ...

Tod Calderdale 70 elevation profile.jpg

:whistle:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Looks lovely. I don't mind a hilly (or very hilly ride) I just like to know in advance! :-)
I always load the gpx file for any new route into my mapping software and generate a profile like the one that I posted above. If I can't find a file for it, I plot the route myself. Most organisers do provide the files these days though.

I always load the gpx file for any new route into my mapping software and generate a profile like the one that I posted above. If I can't find a file for it, I plot the route myself. Most organisers do provide the files these days though.

I think they changed the route to be honest. I've just compared the provided GPX with my actual data and there's a huge difference in climbing shown. I think the "Evil Sod" award was deserved. :tongue:

Ajax Bay

Guru
I'm due to do an epic ride near the end of a month
Which epic ride is that, @Donger?

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Which epic ride is that, @Donger?
Did it yesterday with @Banjo. Started between Cardiff and Newport and rode some cracking back lanes up to Abergavenny before taking on the mighty Tumble and then meandering back again. What a beautiful ride, and cracking weather too. 69 miles and a mountain.I'd been looking forward to it for a couple of months, and it was worth the wait. Will be going back to Wales as often as I can. At least 5 of my favourite 20 rides ever have been when I've ventured into Wales.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Oh, would be nice to reply if you're putting your name in the frame for this years challenge, so one can keep track. I'll start:smile: (Bracket month indicates challenge ride completed & logged on the thread).
20 starters.

@cosmicbike (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Sea of vapours (Jan/Feb/Feb/Apr)
@Dogtrousers (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@ColinJ (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Donger (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Milkfloat (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Lilliburlero (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@steverob (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Rickshaw Phil (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Osprey (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Elybazza61 (Jan/Feb/Mar)
@GuyBoden (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Goonerobes (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Ajax Bay (Jan/Feb/Mar)
@tallliman (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Sbudge (Jan/Feb/Mar)
@StuartG (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@13 rider (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Cranky Knee Girl (Jan/Feb/Mar)
I'm doing metric ton again.

April has ground to a halt for personal reasons, missed our local LVIS bristol Bash Audax on 2nd April. Managed to scrape in a flat club ride to keep my oar in last weekend. Hopefully things will be a bit better cycling wise next month.

Last edited:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
@cosmicbike (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Sea of vapours (Jan/Feb/Feb/Apr)
@Dogtrousers (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@ColinJ (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Donger (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Milkfloat (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Lilliburlero (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@steverob (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Rickshaw Phil (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Osprey (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Elybazza61 (Jan/Feb/Mar)?
@GuyBoden (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Goonerobes (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Ajax Bay (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@tallliman (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Sbudge (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@StuartG (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@13 rider (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)
@Cranky Knee Girl (Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)

Full house with the exception of @Elybazza61, can't find a ride in the challenge section..

steverob

Guru
@cosmicbike You can remove me from the list if you want - because of the injuries resulting from my crash (see the Half Century Chatzone thread for more details), there's no way I'll be able to complete a 100km ride in May.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
@cosmicbike You can remove me from the list if you want - because of the injuries resulting from my crash (see the Half Century Chatzone thread for more details), there's no way I'll be able to complete a 100km ride in May.
Sorry chap, I did read it but didn't put 2 + 2 together. Hopefully you fix quickly, and maybe keep your hat in the half century challenge

Top Bottom