The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It would need more brownie points than I can accrue in a year!

Lawn mowing? Sunshine? Butterflies? All most strange, these phenomena. A butterfly transported here would soon find itself travelling alarmingly rapidly towards the east coast. Spring in the Dales seems to have reverted to 'windy with the threat of rain' once more. Still, my route today was cunningly designed to only have 20-30mph headwind on downhill sections; all but about 10km anyway, so that worked out really rather nicely for a change :becool:

13 rider

Guru
Well, the 109 Km ride logged today was on the Leicestershire group ride. The groupees, being younger and faster, looked after me graciously - but I did push harder than usual and increased the average speed over 100 Km by about 4 Kph, which only goes to show how lazy I had been previously ;-)) A brilliant day!
April's done ! Glad you enjoyed it Graham . Next one is in planning mode

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Well, the 109 Km ride logged today was on the Leicestershire group ride. The groupees, being younger and faster, looked after me graciously - but I did push harder than usual and increased the average speed over 100 Km by about 4 Kph, which only goes to show how lazy I had been previously ;-)) A brilliant day!

Groupees :laugh:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
2 in 2 days for me after going over a month without one. Today`s was a cracking forum meet up with my groupees @13 rider , @Supersuperleeds , @tallliman , @graham bowers and Andy :hello:

It was @13 rider 50th birthday today and his sister put on a wonderful spread to feed the starving masses that piled through her door. Big kudos to her and the rest of your family @13 rider for making us feel so welcome :thumbsup:

Happy birthday buddy :hugs:

Today was a good day :highfive:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I think some of you need reminding that it is a metric century a MONTH not a metric century a WEEK! :okay: :laugh:

I'm doing better than I expected to (and 100+ km rides coming up the next couple of weekends too) but some of you are relentlessly churning them out!

No kidding. I've managed 2 so far this month, my 'planned' challenge ride plus the first trip out with a local Club (which was actually less that 60 miles, but I did 6 miles to get to the start)..

GuyBoden

Guru
Rode to Giant's Wood today, but there was no Giant, he must have gone out shopping.

Easiest 100km I've done this year, plenty of sunshine, no wind, nothing even remotely resembling a hill.
Giantswood_zpsedhu4wsq.png

Turning for Giant's Wood Lane.

Top Bottom