The Micro Car thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Own a car less than 3 metres long with either an electric motor or an ICE engine of 1 litre or less? Then this is the thread for you.

As you know, I've been umming and ahhing about getting a Twizy for a while. I found one locally and went for a look, but Mrs D was cool on the idea. She'd have doubtless let me pull the trigger on one if I'd wanted, but I wanted her to be comfortable with it so I withdrew from my Twizy quest.

And so I ended up with the Smart Fortwo. A very low mileage cabrio,with a full Mercedes history, and a fairly un controversial all silver paint job - no pink with yellow flowers for me! 698cc of mighty turbo goodness. I've yet to get through a tank of fuel so can't be sure, but at the slow rate I'm getting through the motion lotion I reckon it's returning very far North of 60mpg, which makes me happy indeed.

I've also discovered a firm that is making kit replicas of the Peel P50. Tempting, very tempting.

So, tell us about your micro car.

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Unfortunately I don't think my Fiat Panda qualifies.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
My better half owns a 13 plate Fiesta, which she took ownership of in 2015. 34,000 miles (purchased with 21,000 on the clock). 5 door Titanium spec with sub 1 litre 3 cylinder motor. She loves it. I sold my RS6 2 years ago, and havent driven (or felt the need to drive) since.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
No, thanks. Is this still a cycling forum? There have been a lot of car-related threads recently.

To quote the site owner, "The CycleChat cafe is for lighter 'off topic threads..."

Threads that don't interest me I simply don't visit. However, there have already been some interesting and relevant posts, so it's your loss. Ta ta.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
My better half owns a 13 plate Fiesta, which she took ownership of in 2015. 34,000 miles (purchased with 21,000 on the clock). 5 door Titanium spec with sub 1 litre 3 cylinder motor. She loves it. I sold my RS6 2 years ago, and havent driven (or felt the need to drive) since.

Very nice, but those are positive limousines compared to the diddy micro cars.

Ooh la la, this looks interesting...

https://www.micro-mobility.com/en/experience-micro/microlino

Dave7

Legendary Member
To quote the site owner, "The CycleChat cafe is for lighter 'off topic threads..."

Threads that don't interest me I simply don't visit. However, there have already been some interesting and relevant posts, so it's your loss. Ta ta.
I refuse to join this thread as its not cycle related.
However friends of mine have two mini Fiats and love them.
In th 60s a friend had a bubble car and we used to go to parties in it..does that count?

Top Bottom