The Micro Car thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Something like this maybe ?

maxresdefault.jpg

Not being funny @Drago but i was reading one of your earlier threads about height and you being 6 feet 4 (and i'm guessing 20+ stone?) How the hell were you gonna fit in a Twizzy anyway?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I've been a biker. Very enjoyable, but the heater don't work and the roof leaks.

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes.

That said heated grips are good as are Rukka's £200 winter gloves - and even both together a snowy ride back from Plymouth 10 minutes before the m5 was shut was a bit grim

Profpointy

Legendary Member
At the risk of thread derailment by being serious for a moment, a proper mini was quite a small car, yet could carry 4 adult blokes in adequate comfort. We even carried 4 of us with all our caving & camping gear on an epic trip to Ireland in one, albeit less than adequate comfort. These days cars are huge, and a transit van is equivalent to a mid sized car

raleighnut

Legendary Member
There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes.

That said heated grips are good as are Rukka's £200 winter gloves - and even both together a snowy ride back from Plymouth 10 minutes before the m5 was shut was a bit grim
I once rode 11 miles in a blizzard with an open face helmet and goggles, shame some nerk in the pub had nicked my scarf. :cursing:

MarkF

Guru
Not being funny @Drago but i was reading one of your earlier threads about height and you being 6 feet 4 (and i'm guessing 20+ stone?) How the hell were you gonna fit in a Twizzy anyway?

The editor of the Bradford City fanzine (The City Gent), Mike "Tall" Gent is 6'8" and he drives one. He used to deliver the mag to my house and all the kids used to watch him get back in and drive off, was like a magic trick.^_^

Too small..............the Fiat 500 I bought for my mother is as small as I'd want to go, I love driving that car.:okay:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Nice, looks very like the Isetta/BMW, now if they made an electric version of this I'd be interested

View attachment 421190
There's one of those near where I used to live. Used on Granada reports by Fred the weatherman before he fell from grace. The owner let me sit in it, it has a seat which cantilevers upwards then you go down into the cockpit (it really feels like a fighter seat). Handlebars for steering, a two stroke motor which could be made to run backwards for reverse (I think that's what he said, or was it electric for reverse?). Anyway what a hoot it must be to drive dagga, dagga, dagga when someone cuts you up!

Top Bottom